Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway pub rudeness!

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 sparklingdude

Hmmm... four pubs and no luck eh? Did you consider that perhaps you don't see yourself as the world sees you?

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

I'm confused as to which barman you're referring to.

Cos they're all kinda small tbh.

So is it the small guy in his 20s, the one in his 30s, or the older one, maybe in his 40s??

I assume its the fatish lad that used to have longish hair (early 30's i would say)- hes worked there for years, we stopped goin there because of hes such a prick.everyone has a story about him, its a shame because, all the other bar workers are sound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭yourmano

Could we all head in and kiss? Make her really squirmy!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭conordaniel

i was just talking about the service in the pubs, was out with my friends and family a few days before my sisters wedding,wasnt talking about women,
    some people like to have a go at any comment

i was in sonnys and the girls in there were fairly pissed off looking from the minute we sat down, me anothe lad from kerry and 3 of my family from the states , all lads, quiet pints, at the bar, feck all inside there at 4pm on a wednesday, telling a few stories having the craic, they were attractive women but no chat, miserable, too good for the bar trade i guess

In fairness I would go into the Front Door(sonnys) quite often and I have never had a complaint about the staff in there always found them very good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭waitinforatrain

Mike... wrote: »
    So I wouldn't be a fan of complaining, Just tell everyone you know what happened and advise them against the place..

Exactly, don't underestimate the consumers power to run a business into the ground!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

xp90 wrote: »
    You make a good point there, but Im not the kinda guy who likes hassle or gets involved in such, hence why I didnt complain at the time.

So why are you complaining now???? Do you think Boards.ie will fix it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 alcopop

Hi Guys.
    Im new to Boards and just stumbled across this conversation. I totally totally agree with the comments about the Roisin Dubh! I used to love it, but after ordering shots for my friends (two sambuchas and one baby guinness for my friend who cant stomach anything stronger) and got told to piss off, that he wasnt going to make (and I quote!!!!!) "a stupid girly drink because then your stupid girly friends will want more" and then stormed off leaving me feeling like a right fool standing at the bar. I was absolutely GOBSMACKED!!! It wasnt busy, he was sitting on the inside bar counter at the time!!!!! It was horribly embarrassing and Ive seen him being rude to many other people. I havent gone to that place in over six months.

In regards to the Quays, Im really surprised!! Ive had many the good night there!! There are a few barstaff that arn't conversationalists when its busy, but in general I've found them really friendly! Theres a small red haired bargirl thats some serious craic. A big group of us were in one night and she was alone in the largest bar, absolutely flying about the place and still had a smile and a word for everyone while dancing away to the band. No-one was left waiting for a drink, her attitude is brilliant. Thats service at its best!!!
    Which barwoman badly treated the couple for kissing??

I quite enjoy a pint in taaffes now and again the staff are good craic there too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭jayoo

I was outside the Quays one night chating to a friend. Couple walked up holding hands, Doorman asked the girl for ID and ushered the guy in. The girl was a bit suprised, and said she was a local, Doorman said he knew, and just wanted to know her name. Then typed her name into his phone and asked her to enter her phone number. She told him to **** off, walked away and must have rang boyfriend who exited few seconds later, to a friendly smug farewell from the scumbag doorman.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

jayoo wrote: »
    I was outside the Quays one night chating to a friend. Couple walked up holding hands, Doorman asked the girl for ID and ushered the guy in. The girl was a bit suprised, and said she was a local, Doorman said he knew, and just wanted to know her name. Then typed her name into his phone and asked her to enter her phone number. She told him to **** off, walked away and must have rang boyfriend who exited few seconds later, to a friendly smug farewell from the scumbag doorman.
    That's fecked up, you should definitely speak to the manager on her behalf.
    Do you recognise the doorman? Did you read his arm band?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭gandroid

Magnus wrote: »
    That's fecked up, you should definitely speak to the manager on her behalf.
    Do you recognise the doorman? Did you read his arm band?

I totally agree. He should be reported. The attitude of some bouncers in Galway is shocking, I find a lot of them seem to act like they are a law unto themselves, and totally abuse their position of authority.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

xp90 wrote: »
    Ok well yesterday daytime me, my mate and his girlfriend went to a reputable pub in the city(I shant name it), anyway my mate hadnt seen his girlfriend in ages so they were all lovey dovey (but not overly so), whilst he was waiting on his guinness he kissed his gf for literally 2seconds, to the bar persons disgust and as a result she took away his drink and his gf's and asked us to leave. Ive never been kicked out of an establishment before so Im furious! And it left the two of them so upset, any suggestions/similar experiences?

she was probably a lessie and disgusted by your hetero behaviour. having said that if Bishop Browne were around he would have given ye a right talking to.

Advertisement