Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has your dog ever done this?

Options
  • 13-08-2009 8:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

Has your dog ever peed on your bed after you have given out to him?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭hatetherain!

no but he has peed on my husbands head who was in bed at the time! LOL! he hadnt given out to him so I made it out to hubbie that dog was only marking his territory and wanted to say that he was glad he was with us! tried to put positive spin on it! dog was only 4 mths at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Why were you giving out to him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭littlelady

not so much giving out to him but he has a habit of jumping up on the bed when I'm getting ready for bed, I told him to get down and put him outside the door. he went into the next room & did his business on the bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

My girl did it twice when I got her. Once when she wanted to go out to pee and I wasn't listening and another time when she wasn't well and was distressed. She's never done it again, I'm better at reading her now and she's alot more settled than she was when she arrived.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭littlelady

this is his second time to do it, neither of which was he unwell or distressed. It seems to be out of boldness if thats possible!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Could be an act of defiance alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wexford202

Yeah my dog has done that a couple of times over the years.

Either when he has been told off or hyper.

He usually just takes my shoe and eats it if I give out to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Yeah our dog wet my parents bed when my sister came home from Rome. She'd not met her before and didn't take to her. So we reckon it was because my mother was paying my sister more attention or something. She never did it again though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭tara666

yeah whe i give out to one of my dogs , he will always pees somewhere in the house after i go to bed........ :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Waterfall1975

Typically you can expect dogs to not shjt where they sleep. I think they go on the bed in times of distress because it is their most secure/happy place & a place to go for relief from stress (double meaning acknowledged).

My tale: The bed is where mine sleep (not really just 'my' bed).
    One of mine, when she was only 5-6 months, was very insecure & out of sorts after two weeks in the vets kennels.
    I recognised this immediately and knew some tlc would be required.
    She was only home 2 mins when up she went and left a brown present on the sheets for me. She looked so nervous, knowing what she'd done. I laughed for ages. It was so funny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭ODD-JOB

Dogs can pee in an excited/submissive state of mind ! apparently without any self control

Advertisement