Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Onyxia is back!

Options
  • 13-08-2009 9:19am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭

So It was announced that they are rereleasing onyxia as a ten and 25man instance in patch 3.2.2 (source on mmo champ and worldofraids). and that its gona drop some cool loot,

so my question to you is, what boss/instance would you love to see brought back into the game for raiding fun? personally i'd love to see an epic version of the steps in Zul farrack for 25people, reckon that would be plenty of fun, or else an updated Diremaul.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Meh, seems that article about Blizzard's B-Team being left to work on WoW has some merit. After the huge letdown that was Trial of the Champion we get this. Now don't get me wrong, I'm all for old content being made relevent again but it's a cheap and easy move that involves no work or effort on their behalf. Same with Naxxaramas, they're just recycling old stuff in place of new content.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Kyri

I'd love to see the Maws fight and the Dr Wevil Fight in somewhere as encounters. The aq opening quest line was so much fun its a shame not many got to experience it.

For those that dont know Maws is a Jaws type shark that u had to kill in the water. The night we did it back in the level 60 cap days we had 30 people with us and omg the laugh us all floating out in the water waiting not having a clue what was coming :)

The Dr Wevil part of the chain was great craic to just something different which made it fun.

And updated Diremaul would be cool to used to love that place and the tribute run was great fun and a challange to do when raiding went stale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Will this patch be getting to us before the end of the year ?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭af666x

I thought this was a joke for a second - it's bad enough that one of the new bosses has an ability that summons old bosses!!!!

I like being able to solo onyxia on my prot warrior, so hopefully it'll be in a different place + folks that want to re-visit the old version still can...

What's next? Magtheridon? Gruul? :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Heroic Deadmines ftw!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭af666x

Kiith wrote: »
    Heroic Deadmines ftw!

Actually, this I approve of :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

should be hc versions of every instance imo.

id like to see bwl / mc again . i like it as it is but would love to get into it . i also think that nax needs more work. joining

aq10 would be nice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Would love to see some 40 man raids tbh. Dunno where would get the people but would be good craic i think. The heroic versions would be class if they applied it to all old raids but left the option for the normal old school ones.

Joined when BC was in full swing so never done many origional ones, missed old ones at 60.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

There have been vanilla wow guilds popping up across the servers since the "Experience Eliminator"s were added (even before then but moreso now). Was thinking of leveling up a mage and stopping @ Level60 to raid old skool, I really hope Blizzard don't **** up this change by making the new Onyxia level80 only

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I dont see why they wouldnt just make it like a normal/heroic instance, but with lvl60/lvl80 instance for this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

Thought this was a joke till i saw it on mmo-champ. Onyxia's lair was meerly a setback...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Another nail tbh. Shocking the way we are being shafted while they spend our subs on new game development.

Next they will let us do all the quests again from level 1 to 80 - with the reward being Tier 10.333 recurring.

Bzztard Entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Heroic Deadmines would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

I thought Obsidian Sanctum was the WotLK version of Onyxia...

Anyway, i'd like to see Raggy brought back as a WotLK boss :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

I sense the beginning of the end.. anyoen recommend any other MMORPGS? LOTR any good? Warhammer? never tried it! used to play Everquest might give that a bash again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Ever wonder why there are 3 gateways for raids but only OS one is usable? I bet they plan for another dragonflight clan thingy whatever to be put in after onyxia.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

in the months leading up to Wolk, the whole idea of recycling Naxx just smacked of laziness and a cop out. What I wanted for Wolk was to be in awe of the new expansion (like TBC was), instead it was literally more of the same, with a new class. This was one of reason i never bought Wolk. Rehashing Onyxia...... seriously, to hear they are gonna do this reinforces that this game is going down hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Talk about ****ing over reactions.

Its the five year anniversary, and they are brining out a special remake of a classic encounter.

This is something as a bonus, special. Its not like they wanted to bring out ANOTHER instance, a week after their b ig content patch. And they ran out of ideas and threw this in.

Its a bonus, they could have done nothing, instead they gave us another little something.

Total over reaction saying " its the end of the game" Get a grip please seriously.

If the new expansion came out with updated old instances, then yeah id be sceptical, but its just bonus content.

I for one think this will spark a great revival for the old stuff, and maybe become so popular that they might consider making heroic modes of all the old instances, which would be brilliant.

More instances, makes more diversity and less repition.

I for one will be trying to get guys to go do all the old instances, for the achievement but the craic, like many i missed alot of old content because i was a ****ter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

What TheDoc said.

It's a bonus for the anniversary, and a damn good one. Would you rather some silly pet instead? Honestly, this is excellent. It's not like "Oh, instead of Icecrown, here's Kara v2" so please, get a grip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

• Advertisement

Instead of putting time into ****ty pets and the useless **** we sometimes get, I'd much much MUCH prefer a visit to older content , actually make me want to go back to older stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

If i wanted to go back to onyxia i would, and i'd solo it on my dk. Yes it is a bonus feature, but common its incredibely lazy. Even using the same armor/wep models from back then too... All they had to do was increase the ammount of HP ony has, and the ammount of damage it does, same with the trash. The 4th year one was pretty lazy too, ohh a little baby bear.

IMHO if they are going to keep bring back the old BC content then they need to bring it all back in one go.

I dont think this is the end of wow, but.... well something just isn't the same anymore. Maybe its me !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Karl, I want this AND some new pet to drop from her!

I want a mini onyxia pet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

There is a mini-broodling pet for logging in, no? Like the bear, a boa mailed to you if you login during the aniversary.

And a mount that drops from Onyxia.

On the whole, I'm somewhat of the opinion of, why did they bother? But I've done the content; many, many times so I think that makes me biased.

Think that back then there was no concept of puging a raid. You were either part of the 6% that got to raid, or you spent 90% of your time in UBRS hoping for those rare bastarding mats to drop from the beast so you could do your epic quest chain. Which was one item, the end ;)

I will say that I dont buy the idea that "it's just bonus content" because lets face it, if they werent redoing the Onyxia encounter, then they'd be working on something new for people to experience as part of the Aniversary.

But still, it should be good in any case and hopefully we'll get a hardmode or heroic version and if nothing else, it should be interesting to see how they manage to rebalance the encounter as most of what was there wont work. The fear mechanic was a huge part of Onyxia of old but with shamans on all sides, fear ward available to all (along with an overwhelming desire to not force a raid to stack priests) and the intention from Blizzard to let non-warriors tank, they will really have to spice things up considerably, to make it interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

Deep breaths for 20k! can't wait

If they are infact releasing a new expansion, then there is a team working on that. There is obviously a team working on the arthas encounter.

There is not just one development team, perhaps a team finished way ahead of schedule, maybe someone had this idea and grabbed some ideal hands and got it done.

I do not for one second believe, that working on this project is somehow hampering other attempts to complete new fresh content.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Kiith wrote: »
    Heroic Deadmines ftw!

That's what I said today to the lads in the guild :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

That's what I said today to the lads in the guild :P

wc ftw ive been waiting on it since tbc .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

What TheDoc said.

It's a bonus for the anniversary, and a damn good one. Would you rather some silly pet instead? Honestly, this is excellent. It's not like "Oh, instead of Icecrown, here's Kara v2" so please, get a grip.

You can't say it's a damn good one yet, lets see how exactly they handle it. It could be a complete joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Xyo wrote: »
    Deep breaths for 20k! can't wait
    no one would die :D

Advertisement