Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cashing in on your gold jewellery

Options
  • 13-08-2009 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭

Hope this is the right forum.

Has anybody looked into recycling old gold items for cash and if so, was the cash received worth it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Moved from Fashion and Appearance. This is the only place I could think of putting it.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

You will usually get less than scrap value which is often very little. Where are you thinking of trading it in?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭ongarite

Oryx wrote: »
    You will usually get less than scrap value which is often very little. Where are you thinking of trading it in?

Must have been the ad on the TV running this week where they prompt you to send them off your old gold jewellery and you can get some cash from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The Jack and Jill Foundation are doing cash for gold right now - check out the Gold Rush website.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

ongarite wrote: »
    Must have been the ad on the TV running this week where they prompt you to send them off your old gold jewellery and you can get some cash from it.
    Thats what I was thinking. Same deal as old mobile phones. I cant see how that works really, youd need to know the weight and carat of what youre sending to be sure the price was fair. (I bet the price isnt fair.:))

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Oh man, you've reminded me of the money4goldUK advert on TV.

I love this advert. It's hypnotic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT5Nsy66OjM

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

There is a very interesting article in todays (17th August) Irish Examiner.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Archeron

How ironic was it that they had Anne Diamond doing an ad for selling gold.

Advertisement