Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photographing bands and licensing

• 13-08-2009 10:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭

A little query here, I have had a couple of enquiries to prices etc for shooting bands. The shots would be for promotional use, possibly even for albums etc.

I have a set rate I would charge for a shoot and supplying a few shots but this would have been for personal use. So what is the norm for licensing? I know it is up to each and every photographer and depends on the volume the image would be used btu since I am just entering this area it would handy to know what sort of rates people charge and how they are charged?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

ive recently made a deal to cut a profit cut of album... try for that if ya think theyre good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

it depends on the band, your skill level, what the band what to do with them and so on.

I've charged from a bottle of beer to a bundle of money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I do agree with the percentage of album, thats what I was thinking but what would the average percent be like? I have no probs at all doing a shoot for a band I like and getting the payment afterwards when they make the money, i.e. percentage of album sales or percentage of sale to record company, but I mean just say a band sells the album for 100k what percentage should it be, and what if the album sells for 200k, should it be the same percentage?

It's one of those very grey areas isnt it.

Advertisement