Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hall, stairs, landing

Options
  • 13-08-2009 10:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭

I am doing up hall, stairs and landing in my house and have stripped everything off the walls only to find that they are a bit uneven. There were about 10 layers of wallpaper on them. So I'm going to get a plasterer to come along and skim the walls to prepare for painting. Does anyone have any idea what this should cost, just so I know whether or not I am getting a good quote? House is a 3 bed semi.

I'm also going to put down a wooden floor in the hall. Is this something a not particularly skilled person can do themselves, or should I get in a professional to do it? And what kind of professional does these - a tiler, a carpet fitter, a carpenter?

Any advice / help much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

I would think that 400/500 euro should get the plastering done.

On the flooring, I would go laminate and if you are anyway handy it is not a difficult job: can be a tad 'bitty' in a hall with all the doors and the stairs etc but not rocket science and there are loads of trims to blend from the hall into the different rooms. just ensure you dont go too thick or else u will need to trim doors

If u can take off the skirting boards before the plastering and this will make flooring a neater and easier job.

The Rolls royce job would be to take off the architraves also before skimming/ flooring,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭bakkiesbotha

Carlow52 wrote: »
    I would think that 400/500 euro should get the plastering done.

Sounds acceptable enough. If anyone here is interested in doing it for around this price, drop me a PM. House is in Dublin 6 area.

Advertisement