Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Morning sneezing fits

• 13-08-2009 10:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭

Anyone get these? Its incredibly annoying and tbh I just feel like goin back to bed....ok I suffer from hay fever and get regular head colds, but the symptoms associated with both arent there in the morning, its just constant sneezing for about 2 hours and sinus pain/headaches. It seems to clear up after this so its defo not a cold.

No point going to my GP as I have done before, and he just tells me its my allergies and gives me useless nasal sprays. What could be causing it? Its only come on in last few weeks, pollen count isnt any higher than previous 2 months, and why in the morning?? I have anti-allergy pillows and blankets and have changed bed clothers regularly, no effect.

The only change I've made that coincides with this is that Ive started cycling recently in the evenings, but this couldnt be causing it surely?

Any info would be great as this is just ruining me.:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Cats, dogs, dust.
    The list is endless so think hard about what your doing. Can you stay at you parents / GF etc house for a few nights. You'll eliminate your house / room.
    Could be old vents, could be asbestos in your house / neighbours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Anyone get these? Its incredibly annoying and tbh I just feel like goin back to bed....ok I suffer from hay fever and get regular head colds, but the symptoms associated with both arent there in the morning, its just constant sneezing for about 2 hours and sinus pain/headaches. It seems to clear up after this so its defo not a cold.

No point going to my GP as I have done before, and he just tells me its my allergies and gives me useless nasal sprays. What could be causing it? Its only come on in last few weeks, pollen count isnt any higher than previous 2 months, and why in the morning?? I have anti-allergy pillows and blankets and have changed bed clothers regularly, no effect.

The only change I've made that coincides with this is that Ive started cycling recently in the evenings, but this couldnt be causing it surely?

Any info would be great as this is just ruining me.:(

same thing happened to me a couple of months ago. I would be seizing alot in work from 9 until about 12/1 pm. I went ot the doc and got the hey fever injection... that didnt work, went back a couple of weeks later, got some nasal spray, tablets and eye drops... But by the time i started to use them, the seizing stopped, or at least calmed down a good bit. I find the nasal spray takes the tingle away, and sorta stops the seizing a bit.

I feel for ya, i was going mental for about 3/4 weeks. My advice is to just stick with it. The doctor can be an expensive way of treating it (I spent a total of €175), and, that didnt even work too well for me.

Advertisement