Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revise Wise V's Less Stress more Success

Options
  • 13-08-2009 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭

So which is better Revise Wise V's Less Stress more Success.

Revise Wise V's Less Stress more Success ? 91 votes

Revise Wise
    0% 0 votes
    Less Stress more Success
    100% 91 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

IMO they're both as good as each other. I used both for a few subjects and they seemed quite identical to me.

They really do help a lot but if you want to save money then go for the cheaper option.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭manutd4life

i found reviswise very helpful.didnt look at my business book at all and just studied the revisewise book and went form and e in hl to a b3 in hl

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

Revise Wise by a country mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

I bought a lot of revision books and to be honest i think Rapid Revision Economics was the best revision book!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭GA361

I bought a lot of revision books and to be honest i think Rapid Revision Economics was the best revision book!:rolleyes:

I must agree,Rapid Revision is prob the best of the three.I only had two revision books-Rapid revision for chem and revise wise for hist.Didn't use revise wise much,just for the case studies.It was helpful to revise the case studies though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

shortcuts to success for english and history are really good too!

phic wrote: »
    shortcuts to success for english and history are really good too!
    i could not find that history book anywhere!!! i could only get it online so i didn bother in the end as i already had revisewise and shortcuts in history!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

less stress more success books are crap!!

one of my teachers used to call them more stress less success!

write your own notes its alot better than any 'magic' revision book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭IWishh

Neither.

Shortcuts to Success,
    Esp. for geog.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Had both one of each for two subjects for the JC. Revise Wise was a better and simpler but Less Stress More Success was terrible and had lots of writing on each chapter.

Has anyone used; Shortcuts to Success Business

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

just wondering which of these are meant to be better?
    i plan to get a few, and really dont want to wait to get them all a week before the mocks seeing as they're not exactly cheap..

these are the subjects i do (all higher level), so if anyone has any input on which i should get/avoid t'would be greatly appreciated :)
    • english
    • agricultural science
    • biology
    • geography
    • home ec
    • business

In my experience the less stress books are the weakest of all the revision books! but for english i would recommend you get a book, English Keynotes, its published every year for that exam year and has the poets that are on covered and a few of the more common texts and the Shakespearian play that is being examined! I got an A1 in english, and this is about the only revision book i even glanced at for english!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Col Man

It doesn't make that much sense to leave this as a general debate, it really is subject dependent. The less stress book for biology is simply awful, do not get it. There's a folens book, essential exam revision, for biology higher level, by Sarah Dilleen. This book was actually very helpful, with the only downside being that there are a few mistakes in the book.

Just as an example of why it's subject-dependent, the physics book, less stress, was actually a very good revision book.

For English, I've also heard Key Notes is a good book.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭GallowsGhost

Col Man wrote: »
    It doesn't make that much sense to leave this as a general debate, it really is subject dependent.
    Exactly.
    I find that the best revision books are the ones written by the same person who wrote the main textbook for the subject e.g. Declan Kennedy wrote both Chemistry live and the Rapid revision book and Michael O'Callaghan wrote Biology and the Revise wise book.
    So just take note of the authors and look for that revision book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 paperglue

the rapid revision ag science book is great!! everything you need. the revise wise biology is also excellent. rapid revision chemistry-great.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭answer me

they are alright books so use whatever ones you want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Mary007

I've found 'Revise Wise' to have completely inaccurate facts in it for eg. History, I'd def stay away from them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 chaotic dream

Not sure on all subjects but "less stress more success" left out quite a bit of important stuff in Irish

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

Watever you do, dont get less stress for english, its crap.
    i found rapid revision the best for maths and revise wise the best for everything else

(which was irish, history, biology and french)didnt get one for acc but rapid revision is supposed to be good
    for english, make your own notes, i bought 2 revision books for that and none helped, still got an A2 too:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

There generally seems to be sinister enough mistakes in these revision books. I noticed a few in the JC versions, especially History and Business. Mistakes are there in both Less Stress More Success and Revise Wise but I've found moreso in Revise Wise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

revise wise rocks for chemistry a definite must buy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Jack Ferguson

which revision book is best for History, Geography and French out of-
    Revise wise,
    Less stress more success,
    Shortcuts to success or
    Rapid revision

which revision book is best for History, Geography and French out of-
    Revise wise,
    Less stress more success,
    Shortcuts to success or
    Rapid revision

Revise wise for Geography out of those but exam skills is the best revision book for Geography.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭irish_man

Neither
    They are both equally useless

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭irish_man

unknown13 wrote: »
    Revise wise for Geography out of those but Key skills is the best revision book for Geography.

exam skills geography is an excellent revision book

irish_man wrote: »
    exam skills geography is an excellent revision book

Thanks I keep getting confused about it. I keep calling it key skills for some strange reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Revise Wise for Bio is your only man. Can't learn anything from that massive, complicated, badly structured, confusing, long-winded textbook! Got the Revise Wise in early 5th year and haven't looked at that textbook since

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Jack Ferguson

whats good for his and french

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

The Essentials Unfolded is excellent for Biology

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

Mary007 wrote: »
    I've found 'Revise Wise' to have completely inaccurate facts in it for eg. History, I'd def stay away from them!

That scares me because I'm stuck for time and in the last while I've only used revise wise for this subject :(

Advertisement