Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Albums with the same name

Options
  • 13-08-2009 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Need your help with something. I need to compile a list of albums which share the same name as other albums by different artists. Not having a lot of musical knowledge, I wouldn't know of that many off the top of my head (...okay, zero).

Also, Greatest Hits and The Best Of... don't count :P

Anyone know of any??

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Chochese wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Need your help with something. I need to compile a list of albums which share the same name as others. Not having a lot of musical knowledge, I wouldn't know of that many off the top of my head (...okay, zero).

Also, Greatest Hits and The Best Of... don't count :P

Anyone know of any??

Thanks!

Do you mean across artists only or by the same artist. for example i think 3 of Weezers albums are called Weezer and either 3 or 4 of Peter Gabriels albums are called Peter Gabriel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

Don't know if this is what you mean, but pretty sure R.E.M., Peter Gabriel and Shaina Twain have albums called Up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

not that i am a fan of either of them but didn't Britney and take that release albums last year called "the circus"?

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Chochese

Driver 8 wrote: »
    Don't know if this is what you mean, but pretty sure R.E.M., Peter Gabriel and Shaina Twain have albums called Up

Yes, exactly this kind of thing... Sorry I wasn't clearer in the original post. (just edited it now for clarity)

Albums by different artists that have the same name.

Cheers Driver, you got me off to a good start!

Trickier than I thought. 2 below but they might both be invalid as some are the title of greatest hits collections (all bar Ryan Adams I think). sorry..

Duran Duran and Neil Young - Decade
    Ryan Adams and Abba - Gold

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

The Beatles and the Replacements "Let it Be"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,737 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Driver 8 wrote: »

They do, as do, er... Right Said Fred.

Here's a few more:

Arena: Asia, Todd Rundgren, Duran Duran
    Arrival: Abba, Journey
    Black and Blue: The Rolling Stones, The Backstreet Boys
    Blue: Joni Mitchell, Simply Red
    Brave New World: Iron Maiden, Steve Miller Band, Styx
    Circus: Lenny Kravitz, Britney Spears
    The Circus: Erasure, Take That
    Discovery: Daft Punk, Electric Light Orchestra, Mike Oldfield
    Freedom: Neil Young, Santana
    Green: REM, Steve Hillage
    Home: The Corrs, Dixie Chicks, Hothouse Flowers, Procol Harum, Simply Red
    Into the Light: Gloria Estefan, Chris De Burgh, David Coverdale
    Let It Come Down: James Iha, Spiritualized
    Life: Neil Young and Crazy Horse, The Cardigans, Simply Red, Sly and the Family Stone
    Lionheart: Kate Bush, Saxon
    Magic: Gillan, Bruce Springsteen
    Mirage: Camel, Fleetwood Mac, Eric Burdon, Meat Puppets
    Out of the Blue: Debbie Gibson, Electric Light Orchestra
    Red: Guillemots, King Crimson
    Revenge: Eurythmics, Kiss
    Thirteen: Teenage Fanclub, Emmylou Harris
    Touch: Eurythmics, Sarah McLachlan
    Us: Peter Gabriel, Mull Historical Society
    Wish You Were Here: Pink Floyd, Badfinger
    Words and Music: Planxty, Glen Campbell, Mark Eitzel

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

The Beatles and the Replacements "Let it Be"

Voice of the Beehive had an album called Let It Bee.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

Back to Basics: Billy Bragg & Christina Aguilera

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

A Night at the Opera - Queen, Blind Guardian

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Thirteen: Teenage Fanclub, Emmylou Harris, Blur

Sweet wrote: »
    Thirteen: Teenage Fanclub, Emmylou Harris, Blur

Strictly speaking I think the Blur album is 13 while the Teenage Fanclub album is Thirteen. depends on how fussy you are being :o

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Strictly speaking I think the Blur album is 13 while the Teenage Fanclub album is Thirteen. depends on how fussy you are being :o

Yeah, it's like Seven by Soft Machine, James, Bob Seger and Tony Banks as opposed to 7 by Madness and Enrique Iglesias.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Taz86

Breakaway – Gallagher & Lyle, Kelly Clarkson, Art Garfunkel, Kris Kristofferson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Mirrorball - Neil Young/Sarah McLachlan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

Alien Ant Farm and The Beatles. Anthology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

Leona Lewis(2007) Spirit.
    Mary Hopkin(1968) Spirit. (I know its embarassing that I have Leona Lewis in My collection.)

Cyndi Lauper(1986) True Colors.
    Split Enz(1980) True Colours.

The Devlins(1997) Waiting.
    Fun Boy Three(1983) Waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭meenmore

Everything Must Go - Steely Dan & Manic Street Preachers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

showry wrote: »
    Back to Basics: Billy Bragg & Christina Aguilera

Thought of another couple:
    Tommy: The Who & The Wedding Present
    Pure: The Primitives & The Lightning Seeds

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Dan Dare

Dark Side Of The Moon-Pink Floyd

Dark Side Of The Moon- Medicine Head. (Never heard it myself).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Chochese

Cheers for all the help lads! Have a fairly good list here :D

Advertisement