Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One of the most amazing 4th wall breaking games I've ever played and it's on the NES

• 13-08-2009 11:34am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Was playing a game last night on the NES that I've been meaning to play for a long time. It's a very strange game but it will give you one of the best life lessons you will ever learn. That game is;

Yume Penguin Monogatari (Penguin Dream Story)

The game is about Penta Penguin who got a bit too chubby for his girlfriend so she left him for the penguin equivalent of a pimp. She tells you that she will only take you back if you get slimmer and if you can make it to the phone she is calling at the end of the level in time. However these levels are littered with pimp penguins goons that try and throw food into your mouth. If you get to the end of the level and are too chubby or miss your girlfriends phone call she will give out to you and tell you to do it again. Women :rolleyes:

yumepenintrofq0.gif
    Pimp penguin in all his sleazy glory. Bet he was out last night trying to pick up leaving cert students.

If you can survive a variety of levels pimp penguin will kidnap your girlfriend for the final level. If you beat the level but are too fat or miss the time limit Stockholm syndrome will set in and the tramp runs off with pimp penguin.

However if you finish this level you get your girlfriend back and after she tells you she loves you and gets her claws into you she stuffs her face and turns into a fat bitch penguin (I couldn't have come up with this stuff myself).

Anyway the game is a really good late NES game with great graphics. It's a mix of platforming stages and shoot'em up stages. The fatter you get the worse your attack becomes. If there is one problem with it is that it's abit too easy, took me about 30 minutes to get through on my first try but it's well worth playing since it's great fun and is pretty bizarre. Also there is an unofficial fan translation if you want to experience the excellent story.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Great story man, I'm deffo gonna go home and play that, will keep you posted

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think she could quite possibly be the worst videogame girlfriend since Rose in MGS2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

How exactly is it breaking the 4th wall:confused:

I know I'm probably missing something really obvious here :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Im loving this game, ha! so good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

here is some footage here

penguin sprite reminds me of another retro game sprite that was a dinosaur. Can't think of game atm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Frank my Boy

I'll have to look into this.

Advertisement