Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox 360 Hard Drive Transfer Kit

• 13-08-2009 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Hey,
    Does anyone have a spare one there not using. Got a cheap 120gb off ebay and need to transfer my stuff from my poxy 20gb!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

me too, got cheap on ebay and not to fond of the idea of starting all my games again

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Are the ones you got from eBay brand new? If so they should have come with one

If they are second hand then you cant use the transfer kit if AFAIK if a transfer was previously done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

I have a spare 1. in dublin for those that want it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

faceman wrote: »
    If they are second hand then you cant use the transfer kit if AFAIK if a transfer was previously done.

Are you sure about that? It is just simple SATA 2 USB adapter not much different than any other found in external usb enclosures. I used mine with PC to access data and it worked fine, heard of people whos used theirs few times as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

docentore wrote: »
    Are you sure about that? It is just simple SATA 2 USB adapter not much different than any other found in external usb enclosures. I used mine with PC to access data and it worked fine, heard of people whos used theirs few times as well.

I've read this aswell, that apparently you can only do one transfer between xbox hard drives. It's the only thing stopping me getting a cheap ebay one.

btw OP, i think you can order these for free off microsoft

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

You can use the transfer cable more then once, 100% sure of that.
    grimm2005 wrote: »
    btw OP, i think you can order these for free off microsoft
    There was a thread a while back about a guy calling up for the transfer cable and was told he'd only get one if he bought an elite, and was asked for the serial number, not just a 120gb harddrive,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Ian Beale wrote: »
    You can use the transfer cable more then once, 100% sure of that.

There was a thread a while back about a guy calling up for the transfer cable and was told he'd only get one if he bought an elite, and was asked for the serial number, not just a 120gb harddrive,

Aye, you need to serial number from 2 consoles in order to get the transfer kit off MS
    Perhaps stick up an ad on adverts.ie, I gave my one away when I'd used it and I'm sure others will be willing to do the same...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

should be able to get them here for cheap http://dealextreme.com/products.dx/category.608

Tons of peripherals/gadgets for all consoles and stuff, free shipping too ;)

Advertisement