Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a Luas ticket

Options
  • 13-08-2009 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I will be using the Luas on Saturday for the first time from the Park and Ride at the Mad Cow and heading into town. Now there is nowhere to buy a ticket at the Mad Cow stop and the nearest one on the way into town is 4 stops into the journey at Drimnagh. Is it ok to get on without a ticket and then stop at Drimnagh and buy one and then continue on my journey? Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

There are 3 or 4 machines at the Red Cow Luas :confused:

At least there were on Saturday....

You should have no problems getting one there...

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭kilkennykitten

Ok thanks CV, it just said on the luas website that there were no ticket outlets there. Sorted so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Ok thanks CV, it just said on the luas website that there were no ticket outlets there.

Correct, no ticket outlets, i.e. a shop to buy them in. There are ticket machines at every stop along the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

There are machines with touchscreens...think it's €3.80 or something, return. Just touch which zone you want to go to and it'll take you through the rest.

Seperate machines for the parking...€2 or €4...remember your bay number when you park cos you need to enter it first.

The Red Line seems to be 'policed' by inspectors a lot more than the Green Line and I'd say I'm checked 50% of the times I use that one. The amount of people 'jumping off' as they see the high vis jackets get on is quite an amusing way to pass the journey :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

That line is rotten with inspectors. You'll be on for a fine if caught. They've heard it all before.

Just get a ticket at the Red Cow. The trains are frequent.

• Advertisement
Advertisement