Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A happy broadband customer

Options
  • 13-08-2009 11:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭

Hello all,
    Well you may remember my older threads complaining about contention,Bad voip call's etc.I remember watty telling me my service isn't at all good for voip!

But now,It seems it's all changed after emailing the ISP for quite a while I was given an engineers direct email,Which was brilliant we soon resolved my voip issue making the calls much clearer during peak hours but not perfect :pac:

I had an issues with Xbox Live and that's now sorted..

And today my package was upgraded,I now get
    2mbs/512kbs for €34.99 a month and although they are "max speeds" speed test results are consistent and always looks near this
    538995732.png

Compared to the eircoms 1MB package(we use a voip homephone etc) there just seems no point in changing :)

I'm now a happy permanet customer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Well done. But how was the problem resolved? What did the engineer do to fix the issue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Well,My isp is wireless,So i was moved to a different node on the transmitter running off a new backhaul(i was quite persistent about my speed issues so they moved me over first has been all evened out now)

Xbox issues were fixed with a public IP no issues now..

Voip issues were fixed as a result of all of those and the speed increase

This is what i get for actually being happy with the price the speeds and the service,

They've sneakily(no mention in any emails or on the site!) now removed the unlimited cap and reduced mine to 20gb!!

I'm a fairly pi$$ed off customer now!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Ricky91t wrote: »
    This is what i get for actually being happy with the price the speeds and the service,

They've sneakily(no mention in any emails or on the site!) now removed the unlimited cap and reduced mine to 20gb!!

I'm a fairly pi$$ed off customer now!

Check your contract.

Seems the person who told me was told they were going to be enforced but not yet,So still on unlimited till the site announces it :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Some_Person

Ugh, they're not going to bring in caps on every home & business package are they? :(
    I was just getting interested in getting Permanet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 NITFBY

Never had any real problems with Permanet

was on a 1 Mg but now getting the following since they made there change

560712393.png

Advertisement