Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you could magically make it veggie...

• 13-08-2009 11:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

What food would you choose to make veggie that isn't??

Obviously not meat but other stuff!!

I miss wagon wheels a lot :(

And marshmallow in general, not fair! And all jelly should be veggie!

Oh cheesecake is a big one!!! So yum but most aren't veggie:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

You can buy veggie marshmallows (online, see http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055647458 ) and jelly (most helth food shops in Ireland, made by Just Wholesfoods).
    strawberry.gif
    A lot of cheesecakes are veggie and vegan ones are possible, but you need to be visiting a vegan cafe or making that one yourself.

You are not limited in your diet!!

Cola bottles, sugar free jelly, and all cakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

A roast chicken and stuffing sandwich :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Marshmallows are a big one, wish all cheeses were veggie, chewy sweets like fruit salad, refreshers etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Banter Joe

Why aren't all the things mentioned veggie? Are they made with animal products or something?

• Advertisement

There's gelatine in the strangest of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,031 ✭✭✭✭Stark

You can make a veggie black pudding by donating your own blood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Banter Joe

There's gelatine in the strangest of things.

If you can't see the ingredients on something, does that mean you can't take the chance in case it contains gelatine?

Well it depends. I think it's law to have all ingredients on the packaging in case people have allergies and mostly if something is vegetarian then it'll have a V on the packaging too. Personally if I thought there was a chance there was gelatine or other animal product in something I wouldn't eat it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

Banter Joe wrote: »
    If you can't see the ingredients on something, does that mean you can't take the chance in case it contains gelatine?

also you kinda know by they texture, if its anyway gooie, jelly like, etc and youve no way of knowing then steer clear! lol

after awhile you get a good eye for these things ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Stark wrote: »
    And this way you may become a vampir too, so a win-win situation:D
    Banter Joe wrote: »
    Not always, common sense can prevail like maameo suggested, you can get a hint of whats in it like if any jelly sort of filling etc then its usually a no-no...can be hard buying nice things from a bakery that way:(

I would make, like Moonbaby said, all cakes veggie...i liek caek!!:D esp coffee slices and jaffa cakes:(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I want cafe noir biscuits, something that tastes like cornbeef slices, marshmellows, jelly.

POP TARTS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Stark wrote: »

Lol, magnificent!

Fizzy orange and refreshers! Actually maybe it's good they aren't, I'd live on refreshers if I could

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

oh refreshers yeah..and drumsticks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

Yeah only found out about Jaffa cakes a week ago, I wonder how long I have actually been really vegetarian discounting all the little gelatine filled bits I've eating unknowingly through the years!

I bought jaffa cakes a couple of weeks ago, after Mon shatter my faith in human nature with this horrific revelation. But they were veggie.
    So I'm assuming this is a very recent change?

The original Jaffa Cakes (Mc Vities) are not veggie i believe, but the Jacobs ones are...but just dont taste the same:(

The original Jaffa Cakes (Mc Vities) are not veggie i believe, but the Jacobs ones are...but just dont taste the same:(

You sure you havent that backwards?
    I seem to recall having to give the Jacobs to others.
    I hate sharing food, so these things stay with me.

Only seen a pack of them 2-3 weeks ago in local spar, says on the box they are veggie...maybe a newer thing? i dunno but its true:)

Mc Vities i've not seen a "suitable for vegetarians" thing anywhere, not even a "V":(

gonna have to investigate!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Since discovering vegan rashers at the local health food shop I'm pretty set food wise. Was never a big sweets/jelly fan, sadly all the bad for me foods I like are veggie, like salt and vinegar crisps :D

Would like a chipper that didn't cook their chips in the same oil as their fish and other foods.

ztoical wrote: »
    Would like a chipper that didn't cook their chips in the same oil as their fish and other foods.
    This too!! how could i forget this:eek: my local had the best chips around:(

i really miss marshmallows, id magic them!!!

just dont have the guts (like S-R) to shop for them online! lol

give me your cc details, I'll get em, i already know your code, I do that to poeple. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

all skittles. i can never figure out which ones are veggie and which are not.
    marshmallows are next on the list.

and i wish so bad that you could get a full irish breakfast that tastes exactly like the proper thing, except minus the dead animal fact.

give me your cc details, I'll get em, i already know your code, I do that to poeple. :pac:

im sorry... whatnow??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

For me aswell the main thing is jelly sweets. But I thought things like chewitts had only egg whites in them? Thus being ovo-veg friendly? Well... they're "horribly-factory-farm tortured-ovo" but ovo none the less :D. Unless I'm wrong, which I think i must be.

If I ever do come across some veg-jellies I'll buy a bag load of them, to do me for a long time. I used to get a handful of jellies and a bottle of fizzy drink everyday after school before the bus, I really miss being able to do that.

maameeo wrote: »
    im sorry... whatnow??

what, nothing /run

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭rhapsody!

And this way you may become a vampir too, so a win-win situation:D

Not always, common sense can prevail like maameo suggested, you can get a hint of whats in it like if any jelly sort of filling etc then its usually a no-no...can be hard buying nice things from a bakery that way:(

I would make, like Moonbaby said, all cakes veggie...i liek caek!!:D esp coffee slices and jaffa cakes:(

Aldi jaffa cakes are suitable for veggies!
    (Reasons why I love Aldi, loads of their stuff is veggie friendly)

I wish animal bits weren't used in anything tbh :/
    It's kinda sick to think they put spare parts into things you thing aer completely safe.

For instance: "Mm delicious creamy French Fancies.. yum yum. Oh wait THERE'S ANIMALS IN IT."

They shouldn't be allowed put animal stuff in anything else other than animals.

• Advertisement

I'm gonna agree with everythig you say, cos you ahve an awesome sig. :)

Advertisement