Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you could magically make it veggie...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

oh raah! I had forgotten about those egg whites in chewits. I bought a pack ages ago and then saw about the egg whites in the ingredients list. i was a very sad vegan :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

sour apple ones?

must have been them. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Ah, it's amazingly dissappointing when that happens. All ready for a chewy treat and then wham! you read the back and your life is ruined.. I got a chicken soup by accident once, thought it was vegetable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Ooh I have another one! Goddamn medicine! I'm on antibiotics at the mo and they come in gelatine capsules :mad: i tried opening the capsule and putting the powder into a glass of water and drinking it but it was absolutely foul and I ended up with a big load of sediment at the bottom of the glass so I had to drink about four glasses of water in a row so that's out. Anybody have any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Dab it with bread, and end it in one bite?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Breakfast cereals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭rhapsody!

I'm gonna agree with everythig you say, cos you ahve an awesome sig. :)

Cool, Izzard fan? :P

I also miss cheesecake.
    Why can't they use Pectic (gelling agent) instead of Gelatine :/
    A$$holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

what, nothing /run

oh u better run!!!

dammit why cant i see sigs??? ill go look at settings *rolls eyes*

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yep it's just in settings, I'll tell you if you don't find it.

/run

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭damselnat

Worther's Originals........saw my brother eating some today.......I hate him:(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

The Jaffa Cake investigation was taken upon by myself, and concluded last night...the verdict is that McVities Jaffa Cakes ARE veggie friendly afterall, so our very own Moonbaby (and many of us others) can rest assured one of her treats are still edible:D

Knew you were crazy! :p

Good work MoN!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Knew you were crazy! :p
    Well maybe just a little bit:D
    Good work MoN!
    Thank you, it was quite a tasty pursuit:pac:

I shall mourn the unavailability of vegan jaffa cakes.

*cries*

Somebody please let me know when vegan jaffa cakes and packs of vegan chocolate biscuits come into existence!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

I shall mourn the unavailability of vegan jaffa cakes.

*cries*

Somebody please let me know when vegan jaffa cakes and packs of vegan chocolate biscuits come into existence!?!

As far as I can tell bourbon creams are vegan, but that's just from my not heavily experienced reading of the packet... turns out calling them creams is a bit misleading... Eggplant is worse though... They were always my favourite biscuit so they've had to fill my sweet thing void temporarily =)

Yeh bourbons are, i think some vegans eat too many of them as a result ;)

ah, a bourbon cream is no digestive half coated in chocolate ready to be dipped... *sigh*
    back in the day i could easily go through half a pack with a cup of tea.

i did buy some choccie bikkies in lidl under the brand 'parkside' for a spell. they were quite low quality and didn't list the ingredients for the chocolate on the biscuit. so i didn't buy them for long. it's been a long time since a mcvitties digestive. and they do have those new 'dark chocolate' ones which have milk powder or butter fat or something in them. *sniff*

edit: bourbons are more of a cocoa flavoured biscuit. nothing chocolatey about them!!

And they are perhaps one of the easiest ways to spot a vegan in the cinema!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

Who've you been talking to?! =P
    edit: bourbons are more of a cocoa flavoured biscuit. nothing chocolatey about them!!

This may explain why I like them...

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Pjays

Pannacotta. why oh why must it contain gelatine:(:(:(
    tried a carrageenan version but would not recommend it:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

Definately gonna have to go with China, can't get my head around some of 'em eating dogs and cats it's extra sick...

i did buy some choccie bikkies in lidl under the brand 'parkside' for a spell. they were quite low quality and didn't list the ingredients for the chocolate on the biscuit. so i didn't buy them for long.

I emailed LIDL.
    Dear sweet-rasmus,
    We write to you regarding your query with the Plain Chocolate Digestive Biscuits.
    We wish to advise you that our Purchasing Department have advsied us that the above product is unsuitable for vegans as it does contain milk, soya and gluten.

Ah well. They didn't taste great anyhow, from what I remember. The search continues...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Sock Monster

Yikes, so it appears that not all "Jaffa Cakes" are created equal, I'll be sticking to "McVities" only from now on so.

I did miss Jelly Sweets, until I discovered that "Jelly Tots" are Vegetarian (just confirmed on "Nestle" website)

I then decided to google "McVities" and Vegetarian just to double check, yes their "Jaffa Cakes" are fine, then it occurred to me that are "Hob Nobs" Veggie ? I ate 2 earlier . . . but confirmed on website = vegetarian - Phew !
    http://www.unitedbiscuits.com/consumer-care.php?rnd=qbEx+7hQqZX+pqtgMAF7cavjodCjt5uCF3Ju7wSROu4=

Now if anyone knows where I could buy some vegetarian marshmallows ? I buy normal ones for Mr. Sock Monster but he can't share them with me !

Alright, getting to the point
    "Chocolate Kimberly’s", each Christmas when my mother opens the big tin of them, the gorgeous fresh chocolately smell (does inhaling count) and I know I can’t eat them.

p.s. do any of you veggies think it’s funny (wrong word I know) that
    M & S Percy Pigs are in fact made from pigs (Pork Gelatine) – talk about meeting your food ! ! !

the marshmallows are out of stock again ;) i do recommend them forwhen they become available again though. you can buy a marshmallow making kit on their site, but i'm not sure what they are like.

I then decided to google "McVities" and Vegetarian just to double check, yes their "Jaffa Cakes" are fine, then it occurred to me that are "Hob Nobs" Veggie ? I ate 2 earlier . . . but confirmed on website = vegetarian - Phew !
    http://www.unitedbiscuits.com/consumer-care.php?rnd=qbEx+7hQqZX+pqtgMAF7cavjodCjt5uCF3Ju7wSROu4=

Oh! nice link Sock Monster. I'm going to throw the vegan and vegetarian lists from that website into a sticky :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Sock Monster

Oh boo hoo they are out of stock …… but …..Veggie Haribo, I didn’t know they existed – It’s like Christmas in September ! ! !

In fact I might even get a few bags of the Haribos, they’ll make great surprise presents for my two veggie mates!

Thanks Tar.Aldrion, I’ve saved the "VeganStore" to my favorites

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

The food mentioned in this thread is the reason why I could never go veg.. fair play to you all, it must be difficult!

Advertisement