Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you could magically make it veggie...

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Magenta wrote: »
    The food mentioned in this thread is the reason why I could never go veg.. fair play to you all, it must be difficult!

Luckily there are alternatives for everything really. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

damselnat wrote: »
    Worther's Originals........saw my brother eating some today.......I hate him:(

Just saw this, Werthers Originals are veggie as far as I know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

Burgers and rashers....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

DigiGal wrote: »
    Burgers and rashers....
    there are fake meat versions of these...

Just saw this, Werthers Originals are veggie as far as I know!

yeah, but not vegan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

there are fake meat versions of these...
    Fake meat rashers are rotten....absolutely awful

THe burgers is a matter of convenience really, no veggie resturaunts open at 2:30 in town after a night of drinking lol

the best fake rasher i had was mince i over did by accident lol...it tasted so much like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Northsider09

HB Romantica... hmmm

Why is it always about the deserts with me??? :D

i'm going to agree with you on that Northsider. i recently introduced someone to it who had never eaten it in their life :eek: it was very difficult to serve it up to them and describe the delicious biscuity bit without going for some.

but i'm vegan :) maybe one day there will be an alternative. i think the maple and pecan booja booja ice cream manages to fulfill my requirement for a luxury ice-cream. and a tenner too. yikes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Northsider09

Thanks for the tio-off Sweet :)
    I'm dairy intolerant :( and I'm having hassle getting stuff just dairy free so I can imagine how hard it is being vegan...
    Since discovering the intolerance I have to say I've become more aware of what I'm buying/ eating - friends think I'm just being picky :mad:

Oh I'd love some cheese too, and not that vegan stuff - surely in this day and age you'd think someone somewhere would have been able to re-create the stuff so that it bares some resemblence :mad::D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Thoushaltnot

Thanks for the tio-off Sweet :)
    I'm dairy intolerant :(

Are you dairy intolerant or just lactose intolerant? 'reason I ask is that I've just picked up Arla Lactofree soft white cheese - they remove the milk sugar, lactose and instead use lactase, an enzyme. However, I won't be trying it out for a few days. Tesco seems to be stocking more and more of this stuff. Originally, they had just the milk but now there's even butter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 LRN

POP TARTS

DEFINITELY pop tarts. I used to munch on them all the time as a kid!

Marshmallows, too.. it's sad to be the only one without a roasting stick at the bonfire. And no rice crispy squares!

Advertisement