Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Business School

Options
  • 13-08-2009 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

I didn't see a forum for DBS, so I figured this would be the best place to post this.

I have a BA in English Literature, worked in a technical field in the Navy and have completed 1 year at a big 4 training with the ICAI; however, I really want out of auditing and want more of an IT or Business/IT role. I was looking at the Postgraduate Diploma in Business (Information Technology), the MBA with the Information Systems concentration and the MSc in Computing and Information Systems (not sure if I'll qualify for entry).

I was hoping someone could tell me if these courses are any good and what career paths would be open to me, especially with very little IT experience. Any thoughts are welcome, even suggestions for other courses or routes.

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

IMO you should only ever do an expensive MBA, as where you did it is just as important as what you learnt...

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭kabuk1

Thanks. I'm not necessarily looking at the MBA, though it's on the table. I'm more interested in the IT side of things, so was really considering the Pgd and the MSc, but I'm not sure how good either of them are. I'm going to the open night on Tuesday and will be asking question about the details of the course.

Has anyone done either the Pgd or the MSc at DBS? Are they any good? I was looking at the HDip in Computing at Griffith as well, but have heard mixed reviews. I want to learn. I don't want just a broad overview. I'm looking to get into the IT sector.

Advertisement