Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from christianity

Options
  • 13-08-2009 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭

After numerous private messages with a mod I am now (on his suggestion) asking here for information on why I was banned.
    I was told I was banned for repeated warnings. Admittedly I did not know they were warnings - they seemed like comments / relpies to me - but apparently they were warnings. I have only been told that I was banned for ignoring the warnings even though I have repeatedly asked what the warnings were for - not why I was banned. As I am banned, I cannot access the forum to see what the warnings were for.
    Can anyone (preferably other than the mod in question as my repeated requests appear to have been misunderstood) tell me how to view these warnings or if not at least tell me what I was warned about?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

From what I can see, you were commenting (with irrelevant content) on a thread about a Christian and a non-Christian partner, despite the Moderator of the forum having advised posters to behave.

So you disregarded that instruction, and then got banned because of it. Seems pretty clear to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Bduffman

BuffyBot wrote: »
    From what I can see, you were commenting (with irrelevant content) on a thread about a Christian and a non-Christian partner, despite the Moderator of the forum having advised posters to behave.

So you disregarded that instruction, and then got banned because of it. Seems pretty clear to me.

I commented that the non-christian in that relationship was showing more of a christian attitude than some of the christians on that thread who I believe had been very negative towards the OPs relationship. Whereas I supported their relationship & wished them well. Hardly 'irrelevant content'.
    This was replied to by a christian poster - which I myself replied back to. Therefore if an irrelevant comment was made, it was by the other poster who dragged the thread off topic. And I'll bet they weren't even warned for doing that.
    Then I was accused of being overly negative by the mod by PM. Strange.
    I wonder how many christians have been banned by the same mod for being negative?
    I only ask that all contributors are treated equally & fairly. I don't believe that is the case on the christianity thread.

Advertisement