Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slate Prices

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭windyboy

Hi,

I haven't asked for a full quote yet so not sure on delivery I doubt it would be more than €100, I believe the VAT rate in north is 15%.

Windyboy

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Selfbuildache, where are you based, I got a price of €1.55 incl Vat for Tegral Trutone at the weekend in Carlow, whoever quoted €1.63 is having a laugh tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭voodoo

Hi Villain,

Not sure if you can post the name of the company here but if not, can you PM the details of the company in Carlow you got this from?

Cheers

Hi,

I got a price of €3.35 ex VAT for 20" x 12" Blue Bangor Celtic Grade slates. Anyone beat this?

Windyboy

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭selfbuildache

Hi Villain,
    Same as Voodoo, will you post the name here of the Thrutone supplier? (Posting of names allowed in this forum.) That's some difference!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,129 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Yes names are allowed providing there is no connection between the poster and the firm involved.

Lambert Hardware
    The Green Hacketstown Co. Carlow
    (059)6471401

I have no connection other than they gave me the best price for my Garage roof. A mate said another local hardware shop quoted him the same but can't confirm yet.

If you buy them from him though let me know I might try and beat him down a bit for referring :D

Ringing around today, Tegral Trutone €1.54 inc VAT from Heiton Buckley in Carlow and Chadwicks Naas.

Capco Berona Xtra €1.37 inc VAT from Coogan's in Tinahely

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭soldsold

I'm looking for best roofing prices (mine are in brackets) if anyone has what they think is a good price (24*12 please for slates) on:

Cupa berona natural ?
    Cupa H3 (size 20*10 @ 1.25 stg +vat F.R Cathcart enniskillen plus delivery/ collection, Ive no price on 24*12)
    Cupa "heavy 8" - is this a good slate? (Blue bangor Slate Company - Size 20*10 @ 1.00+vat - Ive no price on 24*12 )
    Torres RF20 (size 500*250 @ 1.16+vat Tegral - no hooks needed)
    Universal clay dry fix ridge (9.50 plus vat Blue bangor Slate Company)

And:
    Pump 225 rafters with 60kg/m3 warmcel cellulose (65kg/m3 density @14-15 euro/m2 depending on roof complexity and travel distance - cosycell insulation)
    plasterboard (2.10/m2 + vat direct from plasterboard manufacturers rep)
    18 inch wide valley lead (length 6m @ 70 pounds stg + vat F.R Cathcart)
    slating hooks (each @ 10 cent+vat Tegral)
    "Breathable felt" (size 75m2 @ 53 pounds stg +vat F.R Cathcart)

All above prices based on 400m2 roof.

Some items I have no prices on - please help iif you have a good price :)

Solitex membrane ?
    internal breather membrane?
    internal vapour barrier?
    225mm rafters ?
    Slating/ tiling battens ?
    Slating nails ?

Hope ye can post some prices and suppliers!

Thanks,

S.

Best value NATURAL SLATE?
    We've priced the Capco Nova Black at €1.76 incld VAT (300x600)
    Can anyone advise on similar 'looking' slates that might have a better price?
    (We really want a natural slate but are getting pushed towards manafactured by price difference.)

As to the manafactured prices, we now have:
    Thrutone Plus at €1.53 incld VAT
    Thrutone Supercem @ €1.27 incl VAT
    both at Brooks, Galway. (300x600)

Tegral Rivendale @ €2.01 incl VAT (300x600) Buckleys, Galway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 riccs

selfbuildache,

did you use the stone edge slate?

i used them on my house and garage well 2/3 of the house and had to stop, the edges of them started turning white i had frederic pannier from cembrit out on site twice and he maintains it is eflourecence. currently trying to get them to replaice them as i dont think it is but i dont think i am going to get anywhere with it.

anyone else have a problem with them? i'm loosing sleep over it at the moment.

Looking for a price on:

Franvisa heavies "FV 20 R" natural spanish slate 24x12

These are a nice slate, thick with nice rough edges, they look good on the roof and I want them!

Anyone seen better than 2.19 + Vat?

Hi Riccs,
    Haven't used any yet as we're just pricing for now. That's not a good sign though. I hope you get sorted.

Hi,

Has anyone got better value for these slates or similar from other suppliers?

Forna Prime 20x10 €1.49
    Vigo 7mm 20x10 €1.27

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Quack13

Anyone have any prices for Tegral Natural slates recently?

In particular Villar del Ray.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭clint_eastman

Just wondering what is the most cost effective way of sourcing roof tiles/slates? For example, should I be contacting the likes of Tegral/Capco/Quinn directly or am I better off to go to the various builders providers? I haven't decided on a type yet, hopefully natural but it will come down to costs differential and whether or not I feel natural looking manufactured slates would look the part.

Hi,

I was thinking of going for Capco Nova Black Brazillian slates 20x10. What are the best prices people have been getting for them?

Thanks
    Windyboy

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭paul127

got nova black 24x12 for 1.33 +vat

Hi Paul127,

Thats a good price. Do you mind posting who the supplier is?

Thanks!

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭paul127

got them of capco

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Ferocious

Cupa 24x12 €2.00 +VAT
    Cupa 20x10 €1.35+

Tegral Torres 24x12 €2.00+
    Tegral Torres 20x10 €1.25+

Two different suppliers. Not sure what to go for.
    Anyone use either of these?
    Are these good prices?

soldsold wrote: »
    Looking for a price on:

Franvisa heavies "FV 20 R" natural spanish slate 24x12

These are a nice slate, thick with nice rough edges, they look good on the roof and I want them!

Anyone seen better than 2.19 + Vat?

Soldsold,
    Where did you get that price?
    Have to agree, the Franvisas are one of the nicest I've seen. Had nearly ruled them out on cost. I was being quoted €2.80+.

Sorry I dont remember as I got 24x12 brazilian slates for 1.35+vat and can put up with a couple of cracked slates, will be using hooks so dont expect too many to break after the first 18 months or so.

I think it was a Capco rep I got the franvisa quote from though but I'm not 100% sure, not even 90%.

I didnt record the supplier of the franvisa as I decided they were too much for me.

They are a very nice slate though.

Sorry!

Steve

I have decided to go with Capco Nova Black 20"x10" @ €1.05 + VAT

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Quack13

We have gone with Tegral Bretona (Heavy L) - €1.23 + Vat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ronnierob

Quack13 wrote: »
    Anyone have any prices for Tegral Natural slates recently?

In particular Villar del Ray.
    i got a quote of 1.80 plus vat for villar del ray

windyboy wrote: »
    Hi,

Has anyone got better value for these slates or similar from other suppliers?

Forna Prime 20x10 €1.49
    Vigo 7mm 20x10 €1.27

Might be a bit late but got quoted €1.36 for Forna 20x10 in Ennis.
    Has anyone any experinces with the Fornas?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭KingPuck

Saw one price in here for Rivendale @ 1.65 +. Has anyone seen better prices for this slate?

I quite like the rivendale but can anyone recommend any alternatives in the same look/ price category?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭jingojonson

Quoted for Tegral Rivendale 1.40 plus vat for 600x300 (24x12).
    Think it was chadwicks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 solas2

Quoted 1.08 euros + Vat, for spanish Celtas slate from slateNI (i.e. in Northern ireland). Received sample of same when visited by company rep'. This price would include delivery and a 50 year guarantee. It appears to be a lovely black thin slate, don't know how brittle?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement