Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slate Prices

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Naux

Sounds very cheap at 1.08. Thats cheaper than any thrutone fibre cement slates price that I have seen. Too Thin is not good. Ask your roofers opinion before comitting to buying these.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 rosnacanee

I recently agreed 1.80 + VAT for the Lagan Classico Slate. It 24x12, natural, spanish, 50 year gurantee,. Saw it on a roof and looks very well and seem to be very well graded.

One problem - my roofer wants to start at the gables with a slate and a half and I can't get these for a few weeks as they have none in Ireland and need to wait for shipment from Spain.

Pity really as only need about 50/ 60 to get started.

ANybody know if there are any out there??

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭clint_eastman

I got these prices (ex VAT) on slates this week if anyone is interested, not sure yet what I'm going for but like the look of the Capco Berona Structured (natural looking fibre cement)

Tegral

Thrutone Plus F/C €1.35
    Thrutone Plus Reflief F/C €1.35
    Rivendale F/C €1.55
    Bretona Natural €2.20
    Torres Natural €2.10

Capco

Berona F/C €1.00
    Beron Extra F/C €1.15
    Berona Structured F/C €1.35
    Campo Natural €2.05
    Franviso Natural €2.10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mayocarroll

Ferocious wrote: »
    Might be a bit late but got quoted €1.36 for Forna 20x10 in Ennis.
    Has anyone any experinces with the Fornas?

You say you were quoted E1.36 for Forna Slates in Ennis - can you tell me where in Ennis. Had anyone else recently got a quote for Forna or for Franvisa that Capco do??

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭guideanna

We used Capco Berona in blue black and got them for 1.15 e/a inc. vat!
    Special offer the Builders Suppliers offered us and ridges for 8.50 ea.
    Had to fight for the price on the ridges becasue we got such a good deal on the slates but i told them i had that price from another place so they matched it! :)
    Our slates are all on and look great!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭rayjdav

Just finished ours, at last. Tegral Thrutone +, merchant would do for €1.28 (revised down to €1.27:confused:). Contacted Tegral rep direct and agreed €1.11/slate. Look very good. Like all, would loved to have gone natural but, this is the real world and have to work within budget.:mad: Heard lots of stories about the Capco range, "get what you pay for" etc. Dont know how true but, despite the saving, wasnt comfortable with the reports..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 springpark10

hey rayjdav,
    Tell me, where are u based, € 1.11 for tegral thrutone +, best I've heard, I'll have 5000 tiles, how did u manage to get him at that???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭rayjdav

Springpark,
    Based in South East. Basically, played off each other. I think the other merchant that the rep was going through, just basically wanted rid of them (Last September) as no one knew then how bad things were going to get. Remember, it was limbo then, at least now we know:mad: Got trims too at unbeatable price too. Ridge's no haggle really though. Note that that €1.11/slate is ex VAT. Prob should have stated that to save any possible confusion. With this price and every other thing in my build, I basically grew a serious pair and left shame at the door when talking money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Conman1

Any of you guys got prices recently fo tegral villar del rey, torres.
    Cupa 3, 7. or Capco gallegas?
    Any opinions on which of these is the better slate??
    Thanks,
    C

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I got these prices (ex VAT) on slates this week if anyone is interested, not sure yet what I'm going for but like the look of the Capco Berona Structured (natural looking fibre cement)

Tegral

Thrutone Plus F/C €1.35
    Thrutone Plus Reflief F/C €1.35
    Rivendale F/C €1.55
    Bretona Natural €2.20
    Torres Natural €2.10

Capco

Berona F/C €1.00
    Beron Extra F/C €1.15
    Berona Structured F/C €1.35
    Campo Natural €2.05
    Franviso Natural €2.10

I'm being quoted 1.40 for Berona Structured in Cavan. Where did you get this quote?
    How much is VAT on slates? Is it 13.5% or 21%?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭clint_eastman

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'm being quoted 1.40 for Berona Structured in Cavan. Where did you get this quote?
    How much is VAT on slates? Is it 13.5% or 21%?

I got this quote from the Capco Rep in Limerick, you'll get a local contact through their website. I ended up buying them through a local builder provider at 1.33 + VAT @ 21% as far as I remember.

I'm pretty happy with the results.....

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭newhouse

I am pricing natural slate for our new house. Can you tell me who has quoted you €1 plus VAT per slate and what type? This sounds very cheap. (I'm being told €1.90 -€2.00 plus VAT)

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

newhouse wrote: »
    I am pricing natural slate for our new house. Can you tell me who has quoted you €1 plus VAT per slate and what type? This sounds very cheap. (I'm being told €1.90 -€2.00 plus VAT)

Hi newhouse,
    I'd say the €1 plus VAT per slate is for the 50cm x 25cm size slates,
    whereas the €1.90 -€2.00 plus VAT price is for the 60cm x 30cm slate.
    Bigger slate is more expensive but you need less of it.
    Your roofer/carpenter should give you a good estimate of how many of each you would need.
    I'd also check how many ridge tiles you need, and whether you need vent tiles for bathrooms/solar piping, some slate suppliers
    have better accessories than others...

rok wrote: »
    Hi newhouse,
    I'd say the €1 plus VAT per slate is for the 50cm x 25cm size slates,
    whereas the €1.90 -€2.00 plus VAT price is for the 60cm x 30cm slate.
    Bigger slate is more expensive but you need less of it.
    Your roofer/carpenter should give you a good estimate of how many of each you would need.
    I'd also check how many ridge tiles you need, and whether you need vent tiles for bathrooms/solar piping, some slate suppliers
    have better accessories than others...
    Thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭dos29

Has anyone used SVK slates?
    Was shown some by a rep today and they seem to be good enough quality.
    Their version that would be the challenger to Tegrals Rivendale, (Cromleigh Textured) is coming in at about €1.64 inc VAT.
    Anyone else have any prices on them or used them?
    They have the 20yr colour/30yr structural guarantee as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Anyone get an Tegral Thrutone Plus prices recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭musgravedk

i got a price of 1.52 today for tegral thrutone

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

musgravedk wrote: »
    i got a price of 1.52 today for tegral thrutone
    Cheers, Still bloody high, they haven't adjusted with climate at all

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭dos29

Handy thread, nice to keep it alive.
    Got a quote today for Tegral Rivendales @ €1.60 inc VAT.
    I'd say VERY hard to beat that. All the stops pulled out for that quote apparently. Was at the self build show in Dublin few weeks ago and Tegral rep was telling me I'd be looking at something in the region of the €1.80's.
    Quote is from Murphy and O'Connors in Bantry, Co. Cork.
    By the way, VERY fair crowd. No connections.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ronaldo84

what ever u do go for dont get ELITH autum black slates starting 2 cup upwards in the sunshine on the front of my house :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

Anybody use Leinster Slate company to buy their natural slates. Quoteed €1.45 + vat.

Also see Lagan supply natural slate. Anybody deal with them? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭sas

sy wrote: »
    Anybody use Leinster Slate company to buy their natural slates. Quoteed €1.45 + vat.

I used Lagan in last 2 months.
    Viga 7mm 50 * 25.
    1.25 + VAT each.

Good service. Garage roof completed. Looks good so far.

What colour are the vega sas? Do they come in 60x30cm. Did they charge much for delivery. Thanks

What colour are the vega sas? Do they come in 60x30cm. Did they charge much for delivery. Thanks

Says Blue Black on the box. Take a look in the live self builds thread and you'll find a pic of my garage that I posted. I tried inserting an image here but it failed for some reason.

They do come in 60 x 30 but they look much better in the smaller size. They equivalent area is cheaper too. Which offsets the price of the additional slates somewhat. Plus the Vigo 7 is somewhat rustic so you will have less wastage with the smaller slate i.e. basically the smaller slate allows a little more tolerance for buckles.

Fairly sure I didn't get charged for delivery. I'm 5 miles from the distribution centre in Portlaoise so it would have been a bitirish to charge me given I'm buying 350m2 of them.

Thanks for that advice sas. looked at your pics and that is one big garage:)
    Do you mind me asking how much per slate to fix them. My fear is that it will cost a lot more to fix the smaller slate. I have been quoted €1 per slate for the 600 x 300.
    (I used the 500x250 size on my previous house and have to agree the smaller slate looks better)

Thanks for that advice sas. looked at your pics and that is one big garage:)
    Do you mind me asking how much per slate to fix them. My fear is that it will cost a lot more to fix the smaller slate. I have been quoted €1 per slate for the 600 x 300.
    (I used the 500x250 size on my previous house and have to agree the smaller slate looks better)

Yeah, it's all well and good on paper and then you build it and realise it's roof area is 50% that of the house and you've to pay an awful lot for roofing it.

I suspect you'll pay the same price per slate for fitting for the small one. There's approx 13 large per m2 and 20 small.

At €1 per slate it would want to be an above board (i.e. not cash, inc VAT) price in my opinion. I can't see how slate size will affect price.

I'm on a per job price so don't know the break down. PM me where you are based. You never know...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

Of the 4 slate reps I spoke to, theirs was the most utterly disinterested in my job.

hi guys
    just finished slateing our new house, we used Campo prestige natural slate, they cost 1.94+vat, In a pallet of 500 you could have anything from 50-100 slate with cracks or holes in them, they are very poorly sorted, Just allow extra time/labour to go through them on the ground first, make sure to agree with the rep that he will credit you for returns, but I have to say what good is good and they look beautiful on the roof,

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭musgravedk

hi guys
    does anyone know ihardware suppliers of capco slates in meath/cavan area, trying to get answers to my questions out of there local rep for the area is just annoying me at this stage and i would sooner just deal with a hardware store at this stage , if anyone could pm me details id be very grateful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭moan 77

Just got a price on campo prestige @ € 1.16 + 0.24 vat = € 1.40 and price on campo franvisa @ € 1.34 + 0.28 vat = € 1.62.

I was quoted on 5,500 slates from te local Capco rep.

One question does anyone think i can do better on price and quality.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement