Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slate Prices

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭newhouse

moan 77 wrote: »
    Just got a price on campo prestige @ € 1.16 + 0.24 vat = € 1.40 and price on campo franvisa @ € 1.34 + 0.28 vat = € 1.62.

I was quoted on 5,500 slates from te local Capco rep.

One question does anyone think i can do better on price and quality.

hey now mr. moan.....stop taking the piss!.......you cant be serious with that price?

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭moan 77

I swear i rang Capco and they sent rep out and this was the quote i got. this is the first quote i got that's why i was asking the question do you think i could better but by your reply did i hit the jackpot???.:o:o

Hang about the Capco rep made a mistake on the Campo Prestige, he has written down the following 5,500 @ 1.26 = € 6,390.
    But if you do the maths yourself it should be 5,500 @ €1.26 = € 6,930.

The spanner also made mistake on the Campo Heritage, he has it down
    5,500 @ €1.09 = € 5,595
    do the maths yourself 5,500 @ € 1.09 = 5,995.

so new question can i hold him to the price quote on paper even do thazt they dont add up.:confused::confused:

help please

• Registered Users Posts: 46,050 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Hang about the Capco rep made a mistake on the Campo Prestige, he has written down the following 5,500 @ 1.26 = € 6,390.
    Where did the €1.26 come from?

The spanner also made mistake on the Campo Heritage, he has it down
    5,500 @ €1.09 = € 5,595
    do the maths yourself 5,500 @ € 1.09 = 5,995.

so new question can i hold him to the price quote on paper even do thazt they dont add up.:confused::confused:

help please

In my experience sales reps dont make those kind of mistakes, best of luck with your priceing, you'il know all about what price they are when you eveuntaly have to buy them, I am only sorry i dident buy them from you, i would have got them a euro/slate cheaper than i already paid the other day ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭musgravedk

Hey guys, what size are the campo slates your getting prices for ?

I can understand where one could get lost I got quote for 5,500 slate and the total price given to me was less vat and for €6,390 and if divide 6,390 by 5,500 you get €1.16 per slate. I checked the quote again I then noticed a unit price of €1.26 per slate so multiply that by 5,500 and you get €6,930.

The size of the slates 50 x 25 campo prestige grade.

i knew there had to be some diference, ours are 60x30

What price did ya pay for the 60 x 30 with or without the vat just let me know which way it is also how many of them were you buying.

4000 (60x30)campco prestige natural slate @ 1.97+vat/slate
    8000 40mm copper nails @ 3c/nail
    4000 slate hooks @ 10c/hook
    15. 5m,lengths aluminum slate trim @ 17.50/length

best of luck with your roof, its a 2storey hse. and it took 2 carpenters 10 days along with myself to fit,
    Another bill to allow for!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Got a price for Leon natural slate today € 1.40 + vat € 0.29 = € 1.69, felt this is a bit high has anyone got these lately, i'm look at getting 6,500 of them adds up to just € 11,000. Any light at the end of the tunnel.:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭stylers

Hi all,

was looking to price slates for my new build. the capco berona xtra look very nice, but I wonder are the edges on these any more prone to failure/water ingress over time due to the way they are made ?. the edges are sort of chipped off and then the slate is painted to give the jagged edge look of natural slates. tegral make a similiar slate (rivendale) but the natural effect is not as pronounced as the capco, and the edges are cut square. I see the tegrals are a bit more expensive than the capco too. What prices should I expect for both ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jimmybob1

Got a price for Leon natural slate today € 1.40 + vat € 0.29 = € 1.69, felt this is a bit high has anyone got these lately, i'm look at getting 6,500 of them adds up to just € 11,000. Any light at the end of the tunnel.:(:(:(
    Hey Moan 77 I was also looking at the leon but got priced a bit less about €1.35 from a local merchant. I have'nt done anything yet (weather!!!) but am also looking a cupa slates have you or anyone any views on them??

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Dromardabu

hi guys
    hoping to start a build in next few months - whats the going rate for Teagral Trutone slates these days? anyone know of any building merchant going out of business needed to off load 4000 approx of them ;);)??
    cheers Dabu

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Topper74

Hi,

Looking for Tegral Rivendale slates blue/black.
    Getting price of €1.40 plus vat

Anyone seeing any better than this?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

May I throw this in to the mix: recycled tyre slates

'Athy Eco Slates' do them, and there may be more companies

their mentioned here http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?p=984132
    & here
    http://www.constructireland.ie/Articles/Insulation/Wicklow-house-sets-airtightness-standard/Page-2.html

I have no connection to them, just seen them in action and there alight for a fake natural slate, better than Tegral anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Topper74 wrote: »
    Hi,

That's good. This time last year I got a price of 1.38 plus VAT from a rep. I was getting 4,500 slates so large enough quantity & I contacted 8 different merchants (no messing) including some in the North.

Rang the shop I ordered off one day when the rep was off to ask them to deliver the slates. When the manager there found out the price the rep was giving them at, he wasn't a happy camper.

He tried to get out of the deal by saying the slates they ordered in for me were sold but I got the Tegral rep to contact him. Needless to say, he then honoured it.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭dos29

Hi,

I got them from local builders providers for €1.60 inc VAT, I think that's €1.32 before VAT. They knew I had a good quote from an SVK rep for theirs, but I gave the providers a shot at least. Didn't think they could get anywhere near with Tegral, but he came back with that quote and shocked me. He said it was a once off price, so I'd say that was cut to the bone in fairness.

I was talking to a merchant and he was telling me that the Berona structured slate is practically the same as Tegral Rivendale and about 20c cheaper a slate with a 20 year colour guarantee and a 30 year structual guarantee again same as TR.

Mentioned TR was a waste of money especially if you were building a two storey. (from the point of view that you don't see any extra benefit for the additional cost)

What do ye guys think?

I was talking to a merchant and he was telling me that the Berona structured slate is practically the same as Tegral Rivendale and about 20c cheaper a slate with a 20 year colour guarantee and a 30 year structual guarantee again same as TR.

Mentioned TR was a waste of money especially if you were building a two storey. (from the point of view that you don't see any extra benefit for the additional cost)

What do ye guys think?

Is Berone made my Capco? My roofer said he'd done plenty of roofs and didn't rate Capco.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 8vSport

hi, just wondering if anyone has received some prices from anywhere in mayo for slates?, our house is in the block stage and we will be needing slates in the next 5 or 6 weeks. i would appreciate it if you would pm me as i would like to get some prices

thanks!:)

Lemlin wrote: »
    Is Berone made my Capco? My roofer said he'd done plenty of roofs and didn't rate Capco.

Yes its made by Capco!

Yes its made by Capco!

Yep, roofer thought they weren't of great quality. I'd also be mindful of what different builders providers are pushing on you and their opinions. The same as with any sales person, sometimes a product may be cheaper than another but they've a reason for pushing it such as better profit on the cheaper item or having stock to get rid of.

Hi Lemlin,

What type of Ridge capping did you go for with TR Slates?

Hi Lemlin,

What type of Ridge capping did you go for with TR Slates?

I went for a Tegral universal number 2 ridge tile. It's a double ogee ridge tile.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Katz83

We used Capco Berona slate (roof went on in June) which we got for 99c/slate (excl VAT) after meeting local builders suppliers and capco rep. We were quoted 1.15/slate for the Tegral Thrutone.

Capco also supplied gable and valley trims at a good price and were neat and tidy. Dont forget to check price of ridge tiles - they are always expensive and it adds up!

10 year guarantee on colour so fingers crossed....

Just wondering did you have any problems with your slates since you got them. Thinking of going with capco but not sure yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭miss-bored

So did anyone go with the SVK Cromleigh range? I have priced many suppliers and these guys are winning so far

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

LOL 2 years after I started this thread I purchased my slates this week!

I went for the SVK Ardonit Plus and got them direct for 1.21 a slate Inc Vat

The Cromleigh didn't interest me as its a very high rood and you wouldn't see the difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 conjollins

Spent weeks "agonising" over what slate to go with (and Merchant!!!) - ended up getting Tegral Thrutone 2000 for 1.06/slate not inc VAT for 3.5k slates. Had to almost beat the Merchant to get the lowest price possible - had 3 merchants against each other and they were all at a very similar price for the total roof price - makes me wonder about price fixing to be honest!!!! SVK slate was coming in 500 cheaper but I just didnt want to take the risk - amost everyone I talked to recomended tegral. Any house I saw with Rivendale or equivalent I honestly couldnt tell the diff!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Oisen

conjollins wrote: »
    Spent weeks "agonising" over what slate to go with (and Merchant!!!) - ended up getting Tegral Thrutone 2000 for 1.06/slate not inc VAT for 3.5k slates. Had to almost beat the Merchant to get the lowest price possible - had 3 merchants against each other and they were all at a very similar price for the total roof price - makes me wonder about price fixing to be honest!!!! SVK slate was coming in 500 cheaper but I just didnt want to take the risk - amost everyone I talked to recomended tegral. Any house I saw with Rivendale or equivalent I honestly couldnt tell the diff!!
    That's a really good price! Have you any more details about the stores? I'm pricing at the moment. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement