Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slate Prices

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭New build in sight

conjollins wrote: »
    Spent weeks "agonising" over what slate to go with (and Merchant!!!) - ended up getting Tegral Thrutone 2000 for 1.06/slate not inc VAT for 3.5k slates. Had to almost beat the Merchant to get the lowest price possible - had 3 merchants against each other and they were all at a very similar price for the total roof price - makes me wonder about price fixing to be honest!!!! SVK slate was coming in 500 cheaper but I just didnt want to take the risk - amost everyone I talked to recomended tegral. Any house I saw with Rivendale or equivalent I honestly couldnt tell the diff!!

Any chance you could PM me details of where you got these quotes? Sounds great!. Pricing at the moment too.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭bryaj

Hi, I am new to this.

I too am pricing around in relation to single storeyc 3000ft/2 new build.

Have been quoted e1.22 ex vat for Tegral Truetone.

Can you PM me details of where you got those quotes also.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 091chippy

I priced tegral thrutone blue/black 300x600 for €1.17 + vat or €1.44
    I would like to get them a bit cheaper tho

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭New build in sight

Can I also get the name of the place where you got that quote too :) PM of course if you dont mind....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭adne

conjollins wrote: »
    Spent weeks "agonising" over what slate to go with (and Merchant!!!) - ended up getting Tegral Thrutone 2000 for 1.06/slate not inc VAT for 3.5k slates. Had to almost beat the Merchant to get the lowest price possible - had 3 merchants against each other and they were all at a very similar price for the total roof price - makes me wonder about price fixing to be honest!!!! SVK slate was coming in 500 cheaper but I just didnt want to take the risk - amost everyone I talked to recomended tegral. Any house I saw with Rivendale or equivalent I honestly couldnt tell the diff!!

great price could u pm me the details pleSe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Johny 8

WHAT'S WRONG WITH SVK??????

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭jakko86

svk seem fine to be honest but dunno about their colour guarantee think they offer a 20 yr guartantee but id be looking for that in writing when buying... only problem iv seen is when you cut into valleys the edge of the slate you have cut runs the white colouring onto the lead and then to the slate below ie. a dormer which is very unsightly and yes before anyone asks the lead got 3 coats of patination oil.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 badger81

bryaj wrote: »
    Hi, I am new to this.

I too am pricing around in relation to single storeyc 3000ft/2 new build.

Have been quoted e1.22 ex vat for Tegral Truetone.

Can you PM me details of where you got those quotes also.

can i get this pm too pls anyoone, :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46,050 ✭✭✭✭muffler

@ conjollins and bryaj........PM me the name of the suppliers please till I see what all the fuss is about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

I'll be looking for tegral thrutone in about 6 weeks. Can I also be pmd with the suppliers details please?;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,050 ✭✭✭✭muffler

muffler wrote: »
    @ conjollins and bryaj........PM me the name of the suppliers please till I see what all the fuss is about.
    These guys haven't been logged in since their last posts so no need to ask for PMs.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement