Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1.15m dish to give away-Athlone area

• 13-08-2009 12:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

I have a 1.15m dish here that needs a home. Note The dish seems to have its centre axis diagonally rather than vertically. I am not sure whether this was intentional or the press was off the day they made it, but I got replacement exactly the same. I could pick up some satellites with my motor. Quote from me a few years ago : got a few satellites tuned in with my 1.15 m dish,(28.2,19,13,7,5 EAST) and (8 ,15,30 WEST).but i cannot get thor 1w or eutelsat 16 east.would a warped dish stop you from getting a few satellites?. i could get all possible satellites with my 80cm lidl dish incl. thor and eutelsat,but i cannot even get a stronger signal on any satellite with this dish

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Maybe the mount at rear is on wrong or for a horizontal arm.

Any Maker name/model?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭mayto

watty wrote: »
    Maybe the mount at rear is on wrong or for a horizontal arm.

Any Maker name/model?
    No make/model # as far as I can see. I ordered it from corksat a few years ago who I think were agents for Sab. It actually looks like this smaller Sab dish http://www.sabsatellite.nl/productsdetail.php?prod=521 .

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

The one in the link looks remarkably like a Triax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭ralphie

mayto wrote: »
    I have a 1.15m dish here that needs a home. Note The dish seems to have its centre axis diagonally rather than vertically. I am not sure whether this was intentional or the press was off the day they made it, but I got replacement exactly the same. I could pick up some satellites with my motor. Quote from me a few years ago : got a few satellites tuned in with my 1.15 m dish,(28.2,19,13,7,5 EAST) and (8 ,15,30 WEST).but i cannot get thor 1w or eutelsat 16 east.would a warped dish stop you from getting a few satellites?. i could get all possible satellites with my 80cm lidl dish incl. thor and eutelsat,but i cannot even get a stronger signal on any satellite with this dish

I can take this dish from you if you want to give it away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭mayto

ralphie wrote: »
    I can take this dish from you if you want to give it away.
    No problem, will pm you contact details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭ralphie

mayto wrote: »
    No problem, will pm you contact details.

Thanks for everything Mayto.Top Boardie

Advertisement