Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sustainable Design Engineering

• 13-08-2009 12:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hi I was thinking about doing this course. Can anybody give me information about it.

Also:
    How many hours a week?
    How different is it from Electronic engineering?
    How hard is the course?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Oranage wrote: »
    Hi I was thinking about doing this course. Can anybody give me information about it.

Also:
    How many hours a week?
    How different is it from Electronic engineering?
    How hard is the course?

Thank you.

Have you got a link to it on the dkit website by any chance?

As far as I am aware thats a fairly new course thats been brought into Dundalk, my cousin has done something similar but I'm not sure it its the same course.

If you have the course code or a link to it on the DKIT website I could find out more for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Oranage

Course Code: DK842.

I've heard it's a new coarse so information may be limited. I'm going to buzz up to the college tomorrow to find out more.
    What are the engineering lectures like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Oranage wrote: »
    Course Code: DK842.

I've heard it's a new coarse so information may be limited. I'm going to buzz up to the college tomorrow to find out more.
    What are the engineering lectures like.

yeh there doesn't seem to be any info on the website which is strange.

I'd email or visit the department that the course falls under.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Grachain

Did any of you guys apply for it?, I sent in the application on the final day but haven't heard anything yet, tried to call Admission's but there pretty busy with the first years reg, girl told me she didn't think they had gone out yet, said call back on Monday.

yeah i applied about a month ago and just got accepted today.

Does anybody know what the time table is like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Im doing it on the mechanical side.
    The timetable has about 30 hrs a week. I can post a picture of it if you like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

http://www.qualifax.ie/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=66

Try that link OP. Gives you a list of subjects you'll be doing over the year etc. Hope this helps.

You've just gotta enter the course code in the box provided. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Grachain

Got offered the course on Tuesday, reg yesterday, don't think the timetable has been finalised yet, there is a provisional one floating about, someone post if they can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Grachain wrote: »
    Got offered the course on Tuesday, reg yesterday, don't think the timetable has been finalised yet, there is a provisional one floating about, someone post if they can.

http://ww2.dkit.ie/schools_and_departments/engineering/electronic_mechanical_engineering/timetables

There doesn't seem to be any class timetables online as of yet but check back again to that link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Here is the provisional time table for Mechanical and Electronics

• Advertisement

Cheers for that, doing Elec side and some big gaps on monday. Looks good though about 6 hours less than the course i was doing for the ordinary degree. Look forward to seeing yous all Monday.

Advertisement