Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boundary wall cost in Cork City

Options
  • 13-08-2009 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm not particularly knowledgeable when it comes to pricing construction/builder work so I said I'd throw this one out to the forum.

I need a capped boundary wall built, approx 25 metres x 12 metres, staggered height running from waist high, to shoulder high and finishing at standard boundary wall height (2.1 metres I believe?).

Slight complications in that there is a hedge that needs to be cut away and you would need to break a concrete drive to set down the foundations for the 25metre stretch of wall.

I have got a quote from a friend of a friend for 2k materials and 2k labour, he says it will take 2 of them 2 weeks to complete the job.(4 weeks labour in total)

Very nice guy but as with everything else at the moment I intend to get a few quotes for it.

Any thoughts here on the materials and labour costs quoted?

Thanks
    Amp

Advertisement