Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E71 - Audio Jack

• 13-08-2009 12:47pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anybody know where one can purchase online an audio jack adapter so I can use my iPod headphone with my E71?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Sully wrote: »
    Anybody know where one can purchase online an audio jack adapter so I can use my iPod headphone with my E71?

I found this Nokia 2.5mm to 3.5mm adaptor that lets you listen to music, but doesn't support calls, and this 2.5mm to 3.5mm adaptor that lets you listen to music and take calls.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Rsaeire wrote: »
    I found this Nokia 2.5mm to 3.5mm adaptor that lets you listen to music, but doesn't support calls, and this 2.5mm to 3.5mm adaptor that lets you listen to music and take calls.

Thanks, placed my order. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Sweet Jesus i hope you didn't pay that much, you could get more than 10 of these for the same price: link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Davy wrote: »
    Sweet Jesus i hope you didn't pay that much, you could get more than 10 of these for the same price: link

I'd be willing to pay extra for peace of mind as, going by a user's comments, the item you linked to doesn't seem to have the best build quality.
    Pros: It works, in stereo.
    Well, nothing makes you more happy when you don't have to resort to original accessories and pay a little...

Cons: ...but flimsiness of the construction makes you worry about the quantity of items which you have to buy before your patience says: no more.

Other Thoughts: I have a couple of these items and not only they differ in cable size (circumference) but also they suffer from flaws in design. All of them got broken within three weeks of use which was caused by the cable slipping out of the strain relief section of either side of the cable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Well i take that point but anything on DX is not going to be perfect quality, but the other one could brake just as easy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Already ordered and on route :)

Advertisement