Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NAMA

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

No-one would want to work if everything was free and paid for by taxes. There'd be no motivation to work towards higher paying jobs either as you'd just pay more tax and receive the same reward as someone on minimum wage paying no tax. The current system is screwed up as it is with people getting free accommodation and healthcare if they don't work and having to pay for it if they do.

First move is to email/write to all TDs
    http://www.politics.ie/economy/93742-email-your-td-nama-feedback.html

^^^

Second there will be a protest which is being organised here:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=233861925262

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

djpbarry wrote: »
    We don't pay nearly enough in taxes to fund 'free' health and education. Hell, we're not paying nearly enough in tax to fund the existing system, never mind a more comprehensive one.
    It is not that far away; but you'd need someone with brass balls the size of New Zeeland to make it work and run down the unions, costs and ineffiencies and keep the system working.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Yixian

Stark wrote: »
    No-one would want to work if everything was free and paid for by taxes.

Jesus.. it's like looking back in time at late 70's Britain.

Here's a novel idea for you, maybe life isn't solely about the pursuit of wealth and maybe there's reward in labour, being part of and supporting a nation.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Yixian wrote: »
    Jesus.. it's like looking back in time at late 70's Britain.

Here's a novel idea for you, maybe life isn't solely about the pursuit of wealth and maybe there's reward in labour, being part of and supporting a nation.

Yea, you work for a pat on the back. See how much food that fits into you fridge.
    Me? My time is worth money though, I'll trade it for wealth.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Awh man, I got my hopes up there for a sec. Yay, someone else agrees NAMA should be scrapped in favour of nationalisation...oh...they're...they're some sort of commie :( :P

Advertisement