Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Zoo

Options
  • 13-08-2009 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

I am thinking about bringing the kids to dublin zoo for the day in a couple of weeks.
    Has anyone been there recently?
    Are all the sights fully operational, all animals there or is there alot of things closed?

just wondering as I have heard both stories and don't want to waste a trip there

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i was there in November and everything was open.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭flanree

rather than comparing peoples stories, why dont you just ask Dublin Zoo?

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭paulusdu

I was there about 6 weeks ago with my young lad and he loved it. There is a new section of the African planes with the giraffe's and zebra's etc, that lets you walk almost into the planes, so its a lot easier to see the animals.

Everything seemed to be open, the reptile house was open again also.

I think its a great day out, a bit pricey, but if you intend to spend a good few hours of the day there and bring a bit of food, it can be worth it.

This time of year it does tend to get a bit packed, so don;t expect peace and quiet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

flanree wrote: »
    rather than comparing peoples stories, why dont you just ask Dublin Zoo?

Here's their number 01- 4748900

I think Annie Lyons is the person you need to speak to. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭goosie2005

hi i'm a member of the zoo (works out much cheaper if you intend to visit a few times a yr) and go regularly. everything open , including the reptile house which has been done up recently. Baby tigers drawing big crowds at mo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭brianrcarney

Well worth the visit nowadays, much improved in every aspect and big enough to take up a fair owl chunk of the day, i was there 2 weeks ago and all animals were out and about, got some great pics and my son had a ball, he slept all the way home.....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

Was there a couple of weeks ago! Defiantly recommend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

a good day out. but obviously as summer/sun etc some animals eg lions/tigers seem to be asleep or outof view alot of the time.
    penguins/sea lions and new place for girraffes/zebras good. with v young kids the walk around african plain can be tough going. i cut alot of this short the last time i was there. sometimes more is less esp if the little bunny is happy !

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

They've opened a big elephant enclosure, plus the African plains section is in full swing now. Additionally, you have the baby tiger cubs (between 10-4 each day I think).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

I was there last week. Great family day out.

There were long queues outside but they moved very quickly and the zoo itself didn't seem at all crowded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

thanks everyone for the comments, I would just hate to shell out and find it crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭shindig-jp

goosie2005 wrote: »
    hi i'm a member of the zoo (works out much cheaper if you intend to visit a few times a yr) and go regularly. everything open , including the reptile house which has been done up recently. Baby tigers drawing big crowds at mo.

How much is the season ticket ? Parking area /Picnic area info . I'd like to take my ten year old , We will stay over night locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭beauty101

Was there in July...it's really improved...great day out for kids and as far as I remember everything was open. Bring your own food though...they're really overpriced even 4 crisps and a drink!

Advertisement