Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Science TR071

1394041424345»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

I was excused from a lab because i had another commitment, can anyone tell me if i must still do the lab report ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

Depends what subject

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

Depends what subject

Physics lab ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

In SF physics experiments take several weeks, so you would definitely have to hand in your report. For JF, I'd say no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭ciara1052

Hey guys - I was wondering - I was told to specifically use a college/academic tutor as a reference but the thing is I don't really know the person who was allocated to me in First year... I'm aware some moderatorships give students a tutor within the faculty - but afaik not with what I'm studying.

Have any of you guys used your academic tutor as a reference?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Polka_Dot

Worrying a little about getting my chosen moderatorship. I passed all of my exams but I didn't do as well as I'd hoped, and from what I can tell my first choice is quite popular. I know it varies from year to year and nobody can tell me exactly, but has anyone gotten into a popular moderatorship before with a 2.2? I got 59 overall so extremely close to the 2.1 but not quite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I know people who have gotten into popular moderatorships with worse marks, your percentage matters so the fact its a high 2.2 will obviously count. They also take into account marks in relevant subjects, so say if you're going for genetics and you did better in that exam than someone else with 59% you'll get preference. You'll also get preference for your first choice over someone with the same result who had that moderatorship lower down on their list.

You've got a pretty good result there, I wouldn't rule you out of anything yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Polka_Dot

Got my first choice in the end, delighted! :)

Advertisement