Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E71 casing

• 13-08-2009 1:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    Is it possible to replace the casing on the e71? I have damaged some of the buttons and screen is covered in scratches. The phone is perfect apart from this damage.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Yup. The Nokia Repair Center, or any phone repair place, should be able to order in a new keypad and protective screen. Thinking of getting a new screen myself actually.

Afaik, you cant replace the outer shell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

Sorry it is the outer shell as such that is damaged. I drop it quiet frequently - disaster I know!! I really like the phone so dont want to change it just due to outer damage. If I leave it into a phone repaur shop will it end up flashed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,249 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

back it up with nokia pc suite before you drop it in, depends on where you take it but it could be flashed, but you can restore it as it was with pc suite..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Step by step guide here which would make it easy if you want to do it yourself: link

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Iv asked Nokia to do mine next week, said it will cost €20. Cant just order the screen it seems and the whole face has to be replaced (didnt know it was possible!).

Nice link Dave.

• Advertisement
Advertisement