Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darkest Of Days

Options
  • 13-08-2009 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭

Did anybody download the demo for this? It's an indie FPS that has you travelling through time to various famous battles and fighting in them, but with the added bonus of sometimes having weapons from other era's (in the Demo you fight in American Civil War with a machine gun, for example).

It's not a bad little game. The graphics aren't amazing, but then again, it's an indie game. And the demo only really gives you a hint of what is going on, and left me feeling fairly confused. But it looks promising enough. Depending on the price, it could be worth a shot.

Here's a trailer for it:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I dont know which trailer you posted (i'm in work atm), but there was a very funny trailer for this where they showed the pro's and con's of various weapons from different times. Will post it later if someone doesnt do it before me.

Looks like a decent game, and will give it a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Yeah, I posted the weapons vid. :d

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

This sounds awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Just played the demo very gratifying really liked the feel of the game, though i must say
    i got mowed down constantly at the ditch when your told to run to the safety mainly because i ran left parallel to a very large Confederate line

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Looks pretty fun.
    The musket bit at the start reminds me of the mod for half life,battlegrounds
    maybe time for a reinstall :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Stev_o wrote: »
    Just played the demo very gratifying really liked the feel of the game, though i must say
    i got mowed down constantly at the ditch when your told to run to the safety mainly because i ran left parallel to a very large Confederate line
    Yeah that happened me a few times. Just pick off as many as you can and then sprint. It gets remarkably easier after that, though.

Advertisement