Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DL marina - Massive yacht

Options
  • 13-08-2009 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone in the area today, there is an absolutly massive and swish looking (sailing) yacht docked at the end of the marina in DL harbour.

Tried to get a few pics but stupid phone battery wouldn't let me. easily half the lenght of the HSS and would look more at home in Monaco:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Wasn't there when I had my morning walk. Looks like I should have another walk today:)
    Thanks for the heads up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

xia wrote: »
    Wasn't there when I had my morning walk. Looks like I should have another walk today:)
    Thanks for the heads up

Bring a camera this time. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

It had canopies and all:eek:

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭goldenbrown

thats my boat, glad you liked it, tacking into a southwesterly just now heading over to a place i keep in antigua, satnet is working well

Ron DMC wrote: »
    Bring a camera this time. ;)

Well. Photography is my hobby. So I never leave the house without my camera:cool:
    But looks like I am too late now:( Well, I'll give it a try anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

But looks like I am too late now:( Well, I'll give it a try anyway.
    I don't think you are too late. I'm fairly sure goldenbrown was jesting about owning the boat.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

One big MOFO :cool:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

would look more at home in Monaco:)

Funny you should say that;

"We are proud to announce that during the Monaco Yacht Show 2009 our latest launch “Cinderella IV”, a 39.0 meter lift keel sloop, will have a berth at T-Central."

source

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

It's been there for a few days now (monday I think) & yep it stands out a mile.

Ron DMC wrote: »
    I don't think you are too late. I'm fairly sure goldenbrown was jesting about owning the boat.
    Quite possible. Or he mixed up his plans;)

I knew Dyflin would know which yacht it is:) Suppose I would have seen the name on the boot but that was open...

And this is how it looks in real.

In comparison to the man on the right
    3817684415_017585c73b.jpg

The little boot and in comparison to another sailing boat
    3817685723_8db569d658.jpg

The whole beauty
    3817687751_fa5d1a3056.jpg

• Advertisement

Stupid work blocking the photos from Xia, must check them later.

I wonder if its still there, may head down again today for another look. It'd be awesome to see under sail

It'd be awesome to see under sail

Agree. Had difficulties to find a way to show how impressive it is. Wonder if anybody knows how long it will be there.

Asked the marina staff today yesterday if they knew when it was scheduled to leave as I'd be interested getting a few pics of her under sail.

They said they'd asked the crew and they don't know, staying docked there until told to go somewhere else...

The skipper has been in and informed us that the boat will be leaving within the next couple of hours. You can track their movements here http://www.marinetraffic.com/

or here: http://www.shipais.com/showship.php?mmsi=319007900

Email sent at 13.00 today so watch the site for movement if you are around.

There is also another tall ship called Gladan in the bay at the moment.

EDIT: from Shipais.com note the British warship in Dublin port at the moment, looks pretty cool also.

and finally this ship is in DL according to the site: Ile O Tresors, but it definitly isin't.

Arggghhhh! Saw your post about an hour too late. When I checked those sites she was already outside DL Harbour.
    So I went to Forty Foot instead. But she wasn't under sail and too far away already - for my little camera.
    Saw the Gladan in the bay but not under sail eighter. Well. At least I had a little walk after lunch;)

If someone missed her in August and wants to see her...The cinderella IV is back, same place. When I passed today one of the guys was up the mast...

3885256880_07b6dc82ed.jpg

3885259472_eaa8d1ca8a.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Nice :)

Might wander down at the weekend to take a look if it's still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

If someone missed her in August and wants to see her...The cinderella IV is back, same place. When I passed today one of the guys was up the mast...

Pictures really show the size of the thing! Great shots Xia

Advertisement