Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo have some mental promo ideas

Options
  • 13-08-2009 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/nintendo-giving-nes-metroid-away

So if you've already bought the first Metroid Prime trilogy and then buy the repackaged Wii Metroid Prime trilogy you can claim a free Metroid NES ROM. Seriously anyone that mad into the series is already going to have it on the virtual console and trying to convince people the buy the exact same game twice is just another sign on Nintendo's all conquering arrogance.

Now watch the people line up for it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

It's for those who already own one of the MP games, not all of them, right?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yep seems to be just one of them.

However it's still useless considering how badly the game has aged, Metroid is pretty crap these days.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I've never actually played any of the Metriod Prime games, so i may just get this.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Ahhh they've changed the wording of the article. Still, didn't Metroid Prime come with Metroid as an unlockable?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yes it did if you hooked it up with metroid fusion. And metroid zero mission came with metroid as an unlockable as well.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Yes it did if you hooked it up with metroid fusion. And metroid zero mission came with metroid as an unlockable as well.

i just cant get a word in sideways with you around can i! that was my tidbit retr0000!!!

if you are going to get the metroid prime games on the Wii then my best piece of advice is to use an old gamecube controller to play them with. the wiimote just makes me angry when playing them. mp3 wasnt hard at all, the biggest problem you had was battling the control system. Ridley in mp1 was a waaaay harder fight then in 3. mp2 is still the hardest imo and probably has the best bosses to boot

• Registered Users Posts: 83,298 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

For someone who never got into the old Metroid games, the Prime Trilogy was very enjoyable. Didnt play the 2nd one though. Beat 1 and 3.

You need to play Super Metroid. 1 and 2 have aged badly but super metroid is gaming perfection.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

You need to play Super Metroid. 1 and 2 have aged badly but super metroid is gaming perfection.
    ^quoted for truth.

Super Metroid should be on the list of games any gamer worth his salt HAS to play before their word can be taken seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

...Metroid is pretty crap these days.

*yoinks out of context*

Nintendos next step will be re-releasing Super Metroid a few more times but where each release has a different rom-hack applied :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Shadow Complex looks like being a quality Metroid clone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Jazzy wrote: »
    i just cant get a word in sideways with you around can i! that was my tidbit retr0000!!!

if you are going to get the metroid prime games on the Wii then my best piece of advice is to use an old gamecube controller to play them with. the wiimote just makes me angry when playing them. mp3 wasnt hard at all, the biggest problem you had was battling the control system. Ridley in mp1 was a waaaay harder fight then in 3. mp2 is still the hardest imo and probably has the best bosses to boot

Aye, 3 was a piece of piss up until the nasty difficulty spike on the final boss I didn't even bother finishing the game because of the bastard, just watched the ending on youtube instead:P

Pretty damn pissed off about this seeign as I already own the game twice (if you count MP1 and Zero Mission)... And the fact that they're limiting it to 5000 copies is bloody ridiculous!

I thought the last boss in Prime 3 was an absolute breeze. Don't think I died at all taking it on. I found Ridley much tougher and the final boss of Prime 1 way tougher.

As for shadow Complex, I'm going to wait for the reviews, they are promising too much so I'm not convinced just yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

I thought the last boss in Prime 3 was an absolute breeze. Don't think I died at all taking it on. I found Ridley much tougher and the final boss of Prime 1 way tougher.

you are right, but the last boss in mp1 wasnt that hard really. few weapon changes then visor changes.. it was just a long slog. ridley was a bit of a bastard tho as he was all about timing. the bosses in mp2 were still the best out of the series... the morph ball boss? genius. still one of the most enjoyable boss fights ive ever had. final boss was a cnut tho, way harder then the metroid prime in 1.
    still love killing kraid in super metroid. always love that fight. the ridley fight in super was also just a head banger. very enjoyable. i wanna finish mp1 again :( anyone wanna do it with me and keep one of those deus ex type logs ? that or a race in super ^^

by kraid i mean the maderia boss. you know the one... the giant shrimp. damn, why must i google... Draygon :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Jazzy wrote: »
    by kraid i mean the maderia boss. you know the one... the giant shrimp. damn, why must i google... Draygon :(

That has to be the least satisfying boss fight in any game, ever... It was all over in 10 seconds (now I understand how women feel;))
    Strange that you guys found the end boss in MP3 easy and Ridley/end guy hard in MP1... It was the complete opposite of myself!
    MP2 had the perfect difficulty balance imo
    MP1 was easy, apart from one long slog between save points in Phazon mines (hard mode is another story of course..)
    MP3 was waaaay too easy, apart from the final boss. Think I died a grand total of once before that point when playing on "veteran" difficulty.

Erm... What was this thread about again?:p

Advertisement