Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

claiming tax on postgrad

Options
  • 13-08-2009 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

hi,
    my brother is thinking about doing a postgrad in cit and is wondering if he can claim the vat back on the course?? i know i was able to when i did one a few years back but not sure if things have changed since then! anyone know or can point me in the right direction?!
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭kabuk1

This is still possible. The details can be found on the following website:
    http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/leaflets/it31.html

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Quatre Mains

AFAIK the limit is €5k and its at standard rate only, so the max you'll get back is a grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭bungaro

cheers guys, appreciate the replies

• Registered Users Posts: 25 techyness

Hey, I have a question. I have been accepted on a post grad course. I was looking at the revenue site there for claiming tax back and it says to qualify for postgrad tax relief you must "already have a primary degree or equivalent qualification". I have a diploma which is a NFQ level 7 qualification - I presume this means I would qualify as I think its the equivalent of an ordinary degree?

Advertisement