Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rent rip off

• 13-08-2009 3:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭

Hi all just for new first year students be wary off how much your being charged for rent. depending on where your living rent can range from 60 - 100 euro a week, there is a lot off land lords bringing there prices down however my landlord has up her price by a fiver per room to 90 a week and wants 7 a week for bills off each occupant. our house is big so there is 9 rooms i got a house yesterday facing my house for 75 a week including bills, just be shrewd and compare the prices off other houses or apartments in the area.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

75 inc Internet, waste, Sky is what I'm paying. We have to cover electricity and heating oil ourselves.

Not too bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭duffman13

Yeah thats not too bad alrite, however electricity bills in our house were crazy last year, luckily we didnt have to pay them. Oil is a bit head wrecking generally its fairly difficult to get everyone to stump in too get the tank filled. Its a renters market tho a lot of landlords are doing good deals to try get people in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I hate it when one person wont go in for oil, then everybody has to go without!
    Fucking headwrecking!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭duffman13

I hate it when one person wont go in for oil, then everybody has to go without!
    Fucking headwrecking!

HAHA its generally a very cold winter for college students, the age old question, oil for the winter or a bottle of Jameson to keep you warm? there is only one winner in most houses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

invest in the oil for GODS SAKE! I remember my 2nd year there. F*ckin freezin wit no oil!

But put a lock on your oil thing - people steal it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement