Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

first year students 2009/2010 UCD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

There's a lot to be said for Tesco shirts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭SarahChambers

If I don't get my course I actually think that I might kill myself

If I don't get my course I actually think that I might kill myself
    There's a lot more to life

I always said that if I failed the leaving I'd move to Spain and raise donkeys

You can have my internship...:D

http://www.metanoia.org/suicide/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

any future science heads out there?

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

This gate system sounds a bit much though. I won't be sneaking imigrants out of Mexico.

darn, those were my exact intentions:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    Cavan people always get accommodation that maps is not correct.

Not true. I know a guy who didn't (along with lots who did, but still..)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭DylanJM

Well if I don't get offered trinity in the second round then I'll be headin to UCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Arts :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

:cool:

Woo yeah science, got my denominatied route, physics with astronomy and space science

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭SarahChambers

Yay I got my course :D:D:D

Now all I have to do is drink until I cant move!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

Yay I got my course :D:D:D

Now all I have to do is drink until I cant move!!

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

"Yeh, woo hoo I passed my leaving cert, yeh woo hooo" etc...:rolleyes:
    Folks, the leaving cert is a joke, it's a pathetic memory test designed to see how good you are at memorising absolutely useless and rubbish information, with no concept of depth and breadth of study. Wait till you start in college, the exams are exponentially harder, you study less and you read and write more, much more, speaking of course from an arts background. I'll put it to you this way; getting the leaving cert is like the british and french evacuating from Dunkirk, you still have another four to five years of education left.:)

El Siglo wrote: »
    I'll put it to you this way; getting the leaving cert is like the british and french evacuating from Dunkirk, you still have another four to five years of education left.:)

Nice, very nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

El Siglo wrote: »
    Okay all of the text seems to be in bold so, anyway. Regards on-campus accommodation, if you live outside of Leinster apply for it. It's great for starting of, making friends and all of that bollocks. If you live in the GDA (Greater Dublin Area: Meath, Kildare and Wicklow) forget about on-campus you will not get it if you live that close, go on this site: http://www.daft.ie and search immediately for a room, somewhere within a 2-mile radius of the college should suffice. Rents have come down approximately 15% and they appear to be still falling but it's all relative, however you should find a decent place for under €400/month.

I am from Wicklow and I got on campus accommodation in UCD last year. Just depends on luck really, some years you might get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

KeyLimePie wrote: »
    as a future arts student i take offence to that. it's not like DIT or anything..

I hope that was intentionally ironic...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭ChickenScratch

IM IN

Hello all. Just had a peek at the elective registration guide and nearly died. Perhaps I shouldnt worry about all of that just yet:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Neve02

mops wrote: »
    yep moving up from kerry on my own!
    cool..its good 2 know im not on my own!!:D
    Any 1 doing radiography???
    Christ On campus sounds strict!!

Neve02 wrote: »
    I'm moving up from Cork on my own ;)

And it does. Detention camp much?!

I'm moving up from Cork on my own ;)

And it does. Detention camp much?!

Oh cool...hope to meet ya there!!its a bit scary like not knowing any1!!! What course are u doing?

IM IN

Hello all. Just had a peek at the elective registration guide and nearly died. Perhaps I shouldnt worry about all of that just yet:P

Don't worry about that just yet. All of that will be explained when your super reg pack somes in the post...

• Advertisement

Oh cool...hope to meet ya there!!its a bit scary like not knowing any1!!! What course are u doing?
    Arts leading to journalism hopefully :)

You going for the on-campus accommodation?

Arts leading to journalism hopefully :)

You going for the on-campus accommodation?

Ya i am..Roebuck i think...i mean whatever is the best way to meet ppl im up for!!:D

Ya i am..Roebuck i think...i mean whatever is the best way to meet ppl im up for!!:D
    Roebuck looks lovely but it's a grand dearer.

Merville ftw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 sarahwalsh789

Im gonna be in first year Radiography as a mature student (only 23 so im not THAT mature!! :)) and Ill be coming up from Cork on my own too!

Roebuck looks lovely but it's a grand dearer.

Merville ftw!
    I no its expensive but i had put away money thinking i was going to have to book accomodation in the city for my 2nd choice so i rekon ill go with it!! The whole no guests is a bit much!!

Im gonna be in first year Radiography as a mature student (only 23 so im not THAT mature!! :)) and Ill be coming up from Cork on my own too!
    haha thats cool..i look foward to meeting you..im not on my own...thank god..lol!!im 19 so im not THAT young!!!lol:p:D

Looking forward to it!! :) Are you staying on campus too? Im here wondering whether to go for Merville or Roebuck...any idea if the electricity is included in the price for Roebuck...I saw somewhere that it was...

Looking forward to it!! :) Are you staying on campus too? Im here wondering whether to go for Merville or Roebuck...any idea if the electricity is included in the price for Roebuck...I saw somewhere that it was...
    Yeah i think it is alrite!!It's basically the ensuite thats making me sway towards Roebuck to b honest!

Yeah i think it is alrite!!It's basically the ensuite thats making me sway towards Roebuck to b honest!

I know, thats a big advantage! Plus it looks way nicer from any photos Ive seen so far.....I know its a little bit further away from the Health Sciences building but the more I read about all the campus accomm the more I think its worth the walk!

• Advertisement

I know, thats a big advantage! Plus it looks way nicer from any photos Ive seen so far.....I know its a little bit further away from the Health Sciences building but the more I read about all the campus accomm the more I think its worth the walk!

How far is it out of interest??

Advertisement