Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which provider for 3M broadband?

Options
  • 13-08-2009 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭

Apologies if this has been asked before, I have done a quick search and didn't find it. I'm in D16 and looking for a broadband service of minimum 3MG, not too interested in home phone if I have to pay for it. I have looked at prices of UPC, Imagine, Eircom, Perlico and 3 and it looks to me like the cheapest would be UPC with a 3M service for 22euros per month and 30gig max download per month. Next best is the mobile from 3 which is 19.99 a month but download is capped at 15Gig per month. Any other companies out there or am I missing something? From looking on this forum it seems like UPC is quite popular here.

Any ideas appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

UPC is €28 for the 3mb package if you don't get tv from them. But it's still infinitely better than 3's package.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

The Mobile* is 50Kbps (0.05Mbps) upto 6Mbps with NO guarantee of a connection. No mobile package is comparable to real Broadband. Even 1Mbps real Broadband is better than ANY Mobile package from the Phone companies. It's only a "piggy back" protocol on the Mobile Phone Network.

Go with UPC, Digiweb Metro or IBB/Imagine Breeze if you want to save on phone line rental.

*Contrary to totally misleading advertising "3" has no broadband system. They only have a 3G Mobile Phone licence with ability to run data connections on it.

Advertisement