Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the carrick swan hurlers

Options
  • 13-08-2009 4:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭

just wondering can anyone name the carrick swan senior hurling squad. havent seen them play in years and e few lads my age that i went to school wud probably be on it. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

joeduggan wrote: »
    just wondering can anyone name the carrick swan senior hurling squad. havent seen them play in years and e few lads my age that i went to school wud probably be on it. thanks

Hi Joe:

Off the top of my head heres the panel;

1. Colm O'Sullivan
    2. Darren Murphy
    3. Alan O'Sullivan
    4.John Walsh
    5.Martin Russell
    6.Gerry Walsh
    7.Kevin Lanigan
    8. Craig Walsh
    9.Johnny Grace
    10. Paul Diffily
    11. Stephen Hahessy
    12. Dwayne Fogarty
    13.Alan P Ryan
    14. Danny O Hanlon
    15.Ray Dunne

Subs(some of these could be starting now too):

Derek Reade
    Mark O Halloran
    Jamie Sweetman
    Jamie Power
    Jamie Kenedy
    Kieran Reade (definite starter - forgot him above)
    Darren Fahey (Definite starter also - probably centre back/midfield)
    Anthony O Donnell
    Keith Walsh
    Paul Reagan
    Aaron Harrigan

I'm definitely after leaving out a few

If your looking to know if any particular names are still playing, PM me or name them here and I'll tell ya how they are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭JamieK

...Jamie Kennedy is captain :P

For anyone interested in the County Tipp championship. The last 16 draw was made about an hour ago. Here's the pairing's:

Upperchurch v Cappawhite
    Borris-Ileigh v Loughmore
    Golden v Killenaule
    Ballybacon v Portroe
    Toome v Swan
    Kickhams v Sars

The winners of these ties will go on to play the 2 finalists of the Seamus O Rian cup and also the 4 Divisonal winners, Who are:
    Clounolty
    Mullinahone
    Nenagh
    Drom
    Lorha or Kildangan
    Kilruaine or Roscrea

Rumour has it that games are on the week after the All Ireland final

worst draw ever!

against toomevarra like...

...great

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Jamie, seriously I wouldnt despair just yet there are plenty of reasons to be hopefull ;

1. Toom are missing a number of key players.
    2. They were beaten by Portroe in the North Semi and they were subsequently easily beaten by Nenagh in the North Final.
    3. They have 3 members of the Tipp senior Panel who will no doubt be drinking for most of the week leading up to the game.
    4. Swans were only beaten by 2 points by eventual south champions Mulinahone who beat a very fancied Killenaule side.

It wont be easy Jamie but theres always hope ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

True enough premierstone,on paper it looks like a no hoper for the Swan but Toom are not as great as they were,i would give Swan a good chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭joeduggan

twud be an unbelievable result for the swan. im sure they can dig out a performance like that though.

I'll try instill the confidence ye have in us onto the lads!! :rolleyes:

Wonder what the odds would be actually! :p

Swans against Greyhounds, think about Jamie them Greyhounds wont know what hit em :D

I know rang someone about the draw and they were like we're against the greyhounds...

....Jamie --> :confused:

lol I would still be more of a cygnet still though to be honest!! Still though kinda relishing having a cut off them now!! :D In "The Ragg" I'm presuming???

• Advertisement

JamieK wrote: »
    In "The Ragg" I'm presuming???

Nope double header on the Saturday in Boherlahan

County Senior Hurling Championship Round (1)
    Saturday 12th September
    Ballybacon Grange v Portroe Boherlahan 4.00pm E.T
    Toomevara v Carrick Swans Boherlahan 5.45pm E.T

Okay doubt you know this now but is that the field Swans played Lorra in last year?? :confused: lol

Will you be attending premier?? :D seen as you ventured to the south final??!

Same field as Vs Lorha in the Christy Brown :)
    Same field that the u21's lost to Kilruaine a few years back also :(

I'd give us a major chance of an upset been honest. Toome are missing a few as said above, but also the Swan on their day can beat anyway.

I'd be a lot more worried if we got Sars or Loughmore.

Rumour has it, It's been billed as the Clash of the Champions - The 2008 County "A" champions Vs The 2008 county "B" champions :D

Jamie, seriously I wouldnt despair just yet there are plenty of reasons to be hopefull ;

1. Toom are missing a number of key players.
    2. They were beaten by Portroe in the North Semi and they were subsequently easily beaten by Nenagh in the North Final.
    3. They have 3 members of the Tipp senior Panel who will no doubt be drinking for most of the week leading up to the game.
    4. Swans were only beaten by 2 points by eventual south champions Mulinahone who beat a very fancied Killenaule side.

It wont be easy Jamie but theres always hope ;)
    Swans will have 15 players (not on Tipp panel) drinking most of the week leading up to the game :D

This is definitely Sully like!!

Should have a good chance if we had a good keeper :D;)

This is definitely Sully like!!

Should have a good chance if we had a good keeper :D;)
    I'm due a good one sometime soon :D

looder wrote: »
    I'm due a good one sometime soon :D

Even your posts make your identity more obvious than my name does like!! :rolleyes: haha!

Straight into PP...€10 on us to win so...meet ya in Nora's after ;)

That's why I don't post on Boards much ha..

A flagon of Lindon - 'twil be EPIC :D

That's why I don't post on Boards much ha..

A flagon of Lindon - 'twil be EPIC :D

...a flagon??

Better make it the Bell so :D

looder and jamiek hows training goin? any injury worries etc. ? what will be the probable team? do the management pick on training form or do they have their favourites etc??? what nights are ye training and what time.??? i know u now looder. u would have played with a brother of mine up as far as u14. he lost interest then.

• Advertisement

Who was the brother Joe?

Team could be anything really. I'll make a stab at it.

1. Colm O' Sullivan

2. Darren Murphy
    3. Jamie (Busker) Sweetman
    4. John Walsh

5. Martin Russell
    6. Kevin Lanigan
    7. Gerry Walsh

8. Darren Fahy
    9. Craig Walsh

10. Stephen Hahessy
    11. Danny O Hanlon
    12. Kieran Reade

13. Paul diffily
    14. Alan P Ryan
    15. Dwayne Fogarty

Thats only a guesstimate really Joe.

It's probably fair to say training hasn't been going too good the last few weeks. Because we didn't know what was going on with the draw, with Tipp doing so well and that, We haven't really been training collectively with a few weeks.

We usually train Tuesdays and Fridays. Friday at 6pm in the Davin Park is the next session.

It wouldn't really be fair for a player to comment on how the team is picked but I will say, I wouldn't have any problem or qualms with how it is selected. The setup over the last few years has been pretty good IMO (apart from the odd manager walking out :D)It's a very difficult team to pick in fairness. It has come on leaps and bounds in terms of quality over the last 4/5 years. I remember playing my 1st year on the senior panel when I was 16/17. We were playing a lot of intermediate teams and poor senior teams. We were only winning the odd game. Now if we played an intermediate team, we would annihalate them usually. The future really is bright, "'Tis' Black and White" :D

(apart from the odd manager walking out :D)

Love it!! :D

And I wouldn't know about the last week or two now Joe because I'm down in Cork doing exams! Looder's the man for the insight and the odd tip for the bookies! ;)

Love it!! :D

And I wouldn't know about the last week or two now Joe because I'm down in Cork doing exams! Looder's the man for the insight and the odd tip for the bookies! ;)
    Put your house on Toome :D

Put your house on Toome :D
    Do i have this right,your the goalie and your saying put your house on Toome ? i think i will be visiting my local bookie then;):)

Having seen the South final last Sunday i think Swan could have left a South title behind them this year,ye came close enough to beating Mullinahone in the Semi but were missing a few players as far as i know.from what i saw on Sunday ye would be capable of beating Killenaule in the final with a full squad, agree or disagree ?

We were missing Danny Hanlon, Martin Russel and Darren Murphy from the above list I think was it! We would have given a serious shot at it anyway and would have easily had as much chance as Mullinahone did tbh! :(

tippspur wrote: »
    Do i have this right,your the goalie and your saying put your house on Toome ? i think i will be visiting my local bookie then;):)

I'd just like to point out that I take no responsibility in you losing your house;)
    tippspur wrote: »
    Having seen the South final last Sunday i think Swan could have left a South title behind them this year,ye came close enough to beating Mullinahone in the Semi but were missing a few players as far as i know.from what i saw on Sunday ye would be capable of beating Killenaule in the final with a full squad, agree or disagree ?

Been totally honest with you, I think We would have beaten Killenaule in the final. Maybe a little biased but we owed them one for them putting out a 3rd string team to get us knocked out the year before, We had the chances to win the semi but unfortunately on the day, they didn't go over the bar/into the net for us. We're like Liverpool though, Next year will be our year:p

It would have been interesting to play Mullinahone with 2 full teams. We were playing very well in the lead up to the match and been totally honest, I think it suited mullinahone more that Eoin Kelly wasn't playing in the Semi against us. It made the other players work that bit harder. We have held Kelly the last few years so we would have been confident of doing it again. Anyway thats in the past. Congrats to Mullinahone, I'm sure the craic was nienty in TJ Macs last sunday night!:)

Will you be attending premier?? :D seen as you ventured to the south final??!

No that was strictly a watching brief on Eoin Kelly mission thingy to make sure none of them Kilenaule savages tried to break him in two :D

Besides hopefully come that Saturday I will still be intoxicated in some pub with Liam McCarthy ;)

looder and jamiek im actually kicking myself. the job im in means im on call for a week and off call for a week. im on call this week and on call the wek of the toome match, so do me a favour and go out and beat the lard out of toome so i will be able to go see ye in the match after that. i presume its knockout from now on???? i dont want to reveal my i.d. looder so i wont name the brother. what about thunder? hes on the panel isnt he????

• Advertisement

joeduggan wrote: »
    looder and jamiek im actually kicking myself. the job im in means im on call for a week and off call for a week. im on call this week and on call the wek of the toome match, so do me a favour and go out and beat the lard out of toome so i will be able to go see ye in the match after that. i presume its knockout from now on???? i dont want to reveal my i.d. looder so i wont name the brother. what about thunder? hes on the panel isnt he????
    I didn't want to reveal my identity myself, Thanks Jamie :D

Thunder is injured, out for the rest of the year I think. He probably would have started full back if fit.

Advertisement