Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the carrick swan hurlers

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭joeduggan

looder wrote: »
    I didn't want to reveal my identity myself, Thanks Jamie :D.

' what the hell was that, ya looder!!! ' .:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭JamieK

joeduggan wrote: »

' what the hell was that, ya looder!!! ' .:D:D

Don't worry that's shouted often enough already! ;)

hey looder and jamiek. me thinks benny dunne is gonna get some stick on saturday about yesterday. ask whoever is marking him, to do the same thing with his helmet. hopefully he will crack and the swan will go on to win convincingly.:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

hey looder and jamiek. me thinks benny dunne is gonna get some stick on saturday about yesterday. ask whoever is marking him, to do the same thing with his helmet. hopefully he will crack and the swan will go on to win convincingly.:D:D:D
    I'd say you could be right. It'll be a long hour for him next Saturday :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 211 ✭✭MickTipp

I'd say you could be right. It'll be a long hour for him next Saturday :D

It will be a longer hour for ye, toome will beat the **** out of ye

• Advertisement

MickTipp wrote: »

I'm sure we'll find that out nest saturday Mick:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 211 ✭✭MickTipp

I'm sure we'll find that out nest saturday Mick:rolleyes:

whats nest saturday???

whats nest saturday???
    I meant next Saturday. My head isn't functioning properly after the weekend!

jaysus mick, i thought everyone liked the story of the underdog. i believe it would be good for tipp hurling if they beat toome because it would show that the lesser known clubs are raising their own standard.

So we're "lesser known" now are we??? :pac: lol

They are deservedly favourites but I have to say the abuse he'll get should be comical! :D

• Advertisement

JamieK wrote: »
    So we're "lesser known" now are we??? :pac: lol

They are deservedly favourites but I have to say the abuse he'll get should be comical! :D
    in fairness jamie thats nothing against the swan. its just a fact. and thats coming from a swan man. imagine if minge was still playing the hurling. he would definitely chance a tommy walsh on benny dunne , with the helmet.

Ah I was only messing anyhow Joe!

Well to be honest there could be one player capable of pulling a Benny against Toome who has remained on the bench for the majority of matches this year...this player shall remain unnamed!! ;)

JamieK wrote: »
    Ah I was only messing anyhow Joe!

Well to be honest there could be one player capable of pulling a Benny against Toome who has remained on the bench for the majority of matches this year...this player shall remain unnamed!! ;)
    im interested now. send me a private.

na hEALAI ABU. COME ON THE SWAN. I KNOW YE CAN DO IT.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Swan Lost by 13 points I heard,Toom seem to keep there best for the county games it seems.

i think it was 16 points. 3 20 to 1 10. saw it on tipp gaa website. unlucky looder and jamie k. is that it now til next year??? what was the team???

i think it was 16 points. 3 20 to 1 10. saw it on tipp gaa website. unlucky looder and jamie k. is that it now til next year??? what was the team???
    Ah we kept into them for the majority of the first half. We missed one or two guilt edge goal chances in the first half and they scored 1-3 in the last 2 minutes of the first half to go in 9 points up at half time. We missed easy chances, and they scored 3 or 4 points from 70 or 80 yards. We also couldn't win a puck out for love nor money in the last 10 minutes of the 1st half.There was no way back when John O'Brien scored an early second half goal.

Realistically, after their second goal, they could have won by 40 points if they wanted to. It's a learning experience for the Swans. Realistically, they knew they wouldn't win (you can't expect to beat the county champions without believing it yourself).

The Ref was dreadful for both sides. How Toomes third goal was allowed, I'll never know!

Paddy O Brien was sent off for Toome for a pretty dirty pull off the ball when the game was won. Dirtiness must be bred into them up in Toome!

Team that started for Swans Joe was:

1. Colm O Sullivan

2. Darren Murphy
    3. Jaimie "Busker" Sweetman
    4. Gerry Walsh

5.Martin Russell
    6. Kevin Lanigan
    7. Darren Fahy

8. Craig Walsh
    9. Kieran "Gizzy" Reade

10. Paul "Tiger" Diffily
    11. Danny O' Hanlon
    12. Alan "P" Ryan

13. Dwayne Fogarty
    14. Stephen Hahessy
    15. John "Sconnie" Walsh

Thats it for another year now. It could be a good thing. Once Swans were knocked out of the South, they had nothing to play for really as they knew they were never going to win Dan Breen.

Benny Dunne hurled well centre back for Toome and got a standing ovation when subbed with 10 minutes left.

Portroe beat Ballybacon by 3 points in the other game yesterday. Kilruaine beat Roscrea, with 2 players been sent off here I hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 richard2008z

Any idea what sort of a team Toome had out?? Did tommy dunne make a comeback or is there any truth in that??

Any idea what sort of a team Toome had out?? Did tommy dunne make a comeback or is there any truth in that??
    I didn't get the programme so I don't know the full side. Tommy Dunne wasn't playing. I don't think he was a sub either.

I think It was Justin Cotterill in goal (not 100%)

Young at corner back was brilliant.
    Joey McCloughny at half back hurled well also.
    Benny Dunne was centre back
    Tony Delaney was full back (I think)

Franny Devanney was hurling midfield I think.

Their forwards consisted of Willie Ryan, Ken Dunne "Rooster/Rustler"(a lad with longish blonde hair).

full forward line of Bevins, Johnno Brien and I'm not sure who the other corner forward was.

Sorry I can't be of any more help to ya.

edit: Paddy O Brien was in there somewhere too. He was either midfield or half forward (with Willie Ryan in the corner)

unlucky anyway lads. but i want to keep the thread alive and well so if ye get any new players or any retire or leave let me know. thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement