Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant? anyone hear yet?

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

I have to pay rent and ESB on monday :(:(:( and still no word on the grant. Im getting desperate!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭- bo -

I was told Wednesday over the phone by Meath Co.Co that grants would be about another 2 weeks.. they are an absolute jokeshop..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

I got an email back from Co.Cork Vec saying that the grant wont be in til the 30th of april. How may I ask am I supposed to pay my rent!

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭- bo -

SarahBM wrote: »
    I got an email back from Co.Cork Vec saying that the grant wont be in til the 30th of april. How may I ask am I supposed to pay my rent!

Tell me about it, I think I've taken 3 Credit Union loans and 1 bank loan in less than 2 years because of delayed grant payments and it looks like I'm off to the bank again Monday to apply for another.. rent due on the 30th and the grant won't be collected, lodged and cleared for a minimum 3 weeks :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Daisy Steiner

My grant office (Limerick Co Co) ARE ADAMANT that they released my final grant cheque on 8th April UL still haven't paid out two weeks later

Losing
    Patience

Anger

Rising

Rising

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭OrionsBelt

anyone waiting on city of dublin VEC?

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭davey101

yeah, and at this rate i will be finished college by the time i get the grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭beamer-89

I just heard back from Dublin city VEC that i'm finally getting my grant! Bout time considering I applied back in August!

lucky you

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭brownacid

Meath CoCo is finally in, just to give a heads up, another week and I would have been on my summer holidays.... Absolute joke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 millebisous

i need help.. I have gone bk to coll as a mature student. I am in my 2nd year. I have just got a letter from the VEC saying my application has been refused as i do not have a utility bill in my name when i lived at a property in 2007. I didnt have any bills in my name as i was just paying lodgings and I was living with the owner of the house.
    I have provided them with a letter from the owner stating I was living there and also I sent a letter stating i was living there signed by both myself and the owner of the house and ALSO withnessed my a local garda from that area.
    I dont know what more to do..
    can anyone help??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

i need help.. I have gone bk to coll as a mature student. I am in my 2nd year. I have just got a letter from the VEC saying my application has been refused as i do not have a utility bill in my name when i lived at a property in 2007. I didnt have any bills in my name as i was just paying lodgings and I was living with the owner of the house.
    I have provided them with a letter from the owner stating I was living there and also I sent a letter stating i was living there signed by both myself and the owner of the house and ALSO withnessed my a local garda from that area.
    I dont know what more to do..
    can anyone help??

go and see a local TD. they will give you the best info available, and may be able to help you out a lot more than dealing with the county council on your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 millebisous

i contacted the local TD and he said he'd look into it and try and help. But he sent a copy of the letter the Vec had sent me saying the refused it and sorry he couldnt help!!
    there has to be something i can do :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

thats harsh. I had a similiar problem when i applied. I was 2 months off the requirements. I got help from my local TD, and within a week, i had confirmation.

was there ANY post sent to the house in your name? do you have any bank records of paying rent, or receipt's for anything with your name and address from that house on it?

personally, i would find everything possible. Even if it just has your name and address, e.g a letter from quinn insurance, or them tesco vouchers. I would go into the VEC office, put the entire lot on the desk, and say here. this is all i can get to prove i was there. if they dont accept it, then start crying and saying you have to drop out of college.

but thats just me :p

I finally got word from co dub vec confirming that i got my grant, Its desperate cause i finished college over a week ago. But i aint complaining now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 crown

davey101 wrote: »
    I finally got word from co dub vec confirming that i got my grant, Its desperate cause i finished college over a week ago. But i aint complaining now.

Haha thats great , well done!

Finished my final exams last week. Got the maintenance payments a good few weeks ago but I'm still waiting on the cheque for my registration fees. :pac:

I might ring them tomorrow.

Keep us informed on how that goes, I am still waiting on a payment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Student09

Finished my final exams last week. Got the maintenance payments a good few weeks ago but I'm still waiting on the cheque for my registration fees. :pac:

I might ring them tomorrow.

When I got my grant for 09/10 in February this year, I didn't get any kind of cheque. The VEC (that is who I was dealing with) just did whatever they had to do, paid the fees by cheque or whatever. I wasn't involved. It could be different for other colleges though.

And to the user who got their grant a week after they finished, that is shocking. :eek:

Advertisement