Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant? anyone hear yet?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Verbal_Kint

Bobon wrote: »
    I rang the citizens information bureau and they said your maintenance grant would not effect your BTEA or vice versa. Just thought i'd let you's know.

Hopefully but anytime i have rang them they have been clueless and usually the standard answer is contact a councilor or TD. its not reassuring either when you ring them up and get non irish advisors who are supposed to know the ins and outs of the irish system yet both times they didnt have a clue what i was asking. not for profit organisation though.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭bikermartin

have contacted local td today about this mess up

Just Had someone read letter over phone and i have been awarded €3400. Im the poster child for the full rate of 6690. i will check it out tomorrow but does anyone know if i appeal this decision do i risk losing the whole grant.Do i have to supply a letter from btea to get full 6690? is the anybody out there that knows about this?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,674 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Do i have to supply a letter from btea to get full 6690? is the anybody out there that knows about this?
    Not counting the BTEA, does your reckonable income include one of the "qualifying" social welfare payments (listed here) required for the "special rate"?

Job seekers allowance

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Job seekers allowance

where held for 391 days or more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Elfinamsterdam

Westmeath CoCo
    Got letter this morning... ACCEPTED! :)
    100% Grant :):) Happy Days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Bobon

Westmeath CoCo
    Got letter this morning... ACCEPTED! :)
    100% Grant :):) Happy Days!!

Nice one mate! Good to have that sorted.

thanks Bobon!!

Yeah, I was so worried that I wouldnt get it that I am still wondering if they wont change their mind! :)

thanks Bobon!!

Yeah, I was so worried that I wouldnt get it that I am still wondering if they wont change their mind! :)

Haha. I know what you mean. You'll be happy once it's in the bank.

I'm currently staring out the window waiting for the postman to deliver the post. I'll continue to do this until the letter finally arrives.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Dr Hfuhruhurr

Thats good news for us in the westmeath area. hopefully myself and the lil sis will get the nod soon :)

@Bobon - hurry up Mr Postman!! :)

@Dr Hfu! - have you called .... I was 10th to hand in and I got my docs back last week so they are going throug them ... have you and your sis got the docs you supplied back yet? *fingers crossed for you both*

Ps @Bobon speaking of money in the bank, how does the grant get paid.... all in one go? in payments? cheque? bank transfer? My acceptance letter did not say... just mentioned the FA1 (which I had already submitted)

As far as I know, it's paid in three installments. So the first will be on October/November, the next in January i think and so on.

Edit to say, I'm not sure whether you get it in cheque form etc., as this would be the first time I would getting it myself.

Thanks for the well wishes elfi. got some of my receipts last week but because my lil sis is applying also it a bit tricky with sending in the right documents. As you know the VEC only will only accept original docs. but we have notified them about this !!

should be ok . :D

Got the grant ...happy days. :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

Has anyone heard back from louth co co?doing postgrad course so fees are a tad bit higher and need to know soon!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

Has anybody from Cork heard anything back yet?

in previous years you collected your grant cheques in the college during a specified week. if at the end of the week you didnt collect the cheque it was mailed to your home address. you can check when this is by getting in touch with the fees dept in your college. some county councils are earlier than others but they all overlap during the same week the college will tell you when.

anyway i was awarded E3420 and they said in the county council that if i bring in a letter from the social saying i was on the JSA for 391+ days they will bump it to E6690. happy days.

in the application they ask for letter from social for 2008 and do not mention anywhere as far as i know that you need a second letter saying you need another letter about being on one of the qualifying payments for 391+ days. will delay everything for another two weeks but at least I know its coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭amtaxi

Anyone hear from Kildare County Council yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭PANADOL

what the max grant amount?

• Advertisement

Max is E6690 but you only get that if you have been getting a qualifying payment before hand for a minimum time period. ask the council of check the threads on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭ontour

I rang today, my application is in over five weeks it still hasnt been looked at :( Does anyone know if a college registers you provisionally until the grant goes through does this affect eligibility for BTEA

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭DiarmaidGNR

amtaxi wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has had a reply re their grant application yet - I'm due to start in a couple of weeks and don't have the registration funds! :confused:
    you don't need registration funds if you have applied for the grant, you just need a stamp from your local VEC saying you applied, and even if you don't have this yet the college will understand and will be very accommodating.

To the best of my knowledge grant reply's will be sent out around the 12th of September.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Swamps

you don't need registration funds if you have applied for the grant, you just need a stamp from your local VEC saying you applied, and even if you don't have this yet the college will understand and will be very accommodating.

To the best of my knowledge grant reply's will be sent out around the 12th of September.

Im still waiting on hearing if ive been accepted for the grant or not but have paid the reg fee myself upfront just today in the bank as its the last day I had to send the money to the college. Do I need to get something stamped from the VEC to show to the college when i reg that ive applied and expecting a refund if it gets accepted, to actually get a refund of my money later in the year or will you still get a refund without something stamped from the VEC.

ontour wrote: »
    I rang today, my application is in over five weeks it still hasnt been looked at :( Does anyone know if a college registers you provisionally until the grant goes through does this affect eligibility for BTEA

If you have accepted place on course then contact admissions office and get them to send you a letter with the exact starting and finishing days of your course and that you have accepted a place. drop that into social. when you register with college drop a copy into social. done.

Swamps wrote: »
    Im still waiting on hearing if ive been accepted for the grant or not but have paid the reg fee myself upfront just today in the bank as its the last day I had to send the money to the college. Do I need to get something stamped from the VEC to show to the college when i reg that ive applied and expecting a refund if it gets accepted, to actually get a refund of my money later in the year or will you still get a refund without something stamped from the VEC.

You get the refund from council not college. when they send you receipt bring it to council. i think someone mentioned on here if you go back through old threads that the refund was issued around january.

You get the refund from council not college. when they send you receipt bring it to council. i think someone mentioned on here if you go back through old threads that the refund was issued around january.

I have the other half of the bank giro i paid with to show as proof that i paid the reg fee?

Will that do if I show that to the VEC after ive been accepted for the grant in order to get a refund from them or do i have to wait for something else from the college?

Swamps wrote: »
    I have the other half of the bank giro i paid with to show as proof that i paid the reg fee?

Will that do if I show that to the VEC after ive been accepted for the grant in order to get a refund from them or do i have to wait for something else from the college?

You would want to keep the slip for your own proof. maybe they can copy it in council? they will probably need the letter from the college. either way you will have to wait until about january so you may as well wait the week or two for letter from college as it wont change anything.

Yeah I know what you mean, just hope i actually get some sort of letter from the college saying ive paid it.

Might try find someone to ask on registration day when I have to show them all my reg forms etc including the bank giro. Hopefully my head should be cleared up then on what to do.

Thanks for the help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

South Dublin CC rang me today - I've got mine :D

Advertisement