Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant? anyone hear yet?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Medievalist

sent it in around the end of august

Me too. Apparently my application is only in the initial stages though:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭shift

sent it in around the end of august

sorry if this is a bit off topic but what happens if its sent in late- i only sent mine in this week. does this mean i mightnt get a grant at all? :(

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Hoopstudent

Im due tt in DCU on Monday for orientation week, i stil have heard nothing back from the VEC but a guy in 3rd year told me to apply to the college themselves for reg fees and they pay until your grant comes through if your really stuck..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

brownacid wrote: »
    Id put that down as your fault, no one really calls it university of Dublin, people know as TCD so thats what you call it. Lesson learnt eh ;)

Actually, that's it's proper legal name (i.e. the name they use every where in the place) and it turns out it happens a lot of the time, people see 'University' and think UCD, but it worked out in the end anyway!;)
    I'll put down it's legal title next time:
    "Provost, Fellows and Scholars of the College of the Holy and Undivided Trinity of Queen Elizabeth Near Dublin.":pac:

Does anyone know, how late the grants will be this year, I'm hearing December for the first installment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

shift wrote: »
    sorry if this is a bit off topic but what happens if its sent in late- i only sent mine in this week. does this mean i mightnt get a grant at all? :(

thanks

No, it means (if approved) you'll get your first installment some time in March!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Anna88

First payment of grant is in October people!!
    Heard it straight from the horses mouth today so stop worrying

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Chwilly

I got my verification in the post today if that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

I phoned up today, i'm based in Cork City, and they said that they have had a cursory glance over my application but it has yet to be processed. I asked did this mean everything was ok and the woman replied that it just means that all the initial documentation seems to be in order but that they have yet to take a look at the figures in it and go over it in depth. She said I should know in 2 weeks to a month. I'll just play the waiting game from here on in but the woman on the phone seemed very nice and was as helpful as she could be.

I also asked where abouts my application stood in the order of things and she said she couldn't tell but that they had two big steel cases or cabinets of applications to get through still.

the wait is killing me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 blondy24

i know its painful isn't it, well if anyone from cork county hears i'd appreciate it if you'd post it, cheers! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Has anybody heard from Kerry CC yet?And if so when did you apply?Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭seithon

I have and I applied in June, they got back to me in august confirming it all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭sells

any idea on what date in october we get the grant???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Got my confirmation today from CODVEC.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Wellydancer

Nihilist21 wrote: »
    I had everything sent in by late August I think.

Cheers for info. Rang wex co co and they say they a month behind in accessing grants this year!! good luck in getting yours on time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Didn't get my grant :(

dlofnep wrote: »
    Didn't get my grant :(

If you don't mind me asking, what was the reason? If you know that is. You can also appeal the decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

I rang Galway Co Co today and was told it will be 4 weeks anyway before my application is assessed. I had it all in before the deadline and im starting back to college on Monday :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 blondy24

well got my letter from cork coco today didn't get the grant because i undertook first year of an undergrad course six years ago, it doesn't matter that its nothing like the course im doing now or that i failed my exams its level 8 and thats it( i have never applied or received a grant before) . this country is a joke you work for years pay taxes try to go back to college and educate yourself and you only get penalised. so cross right now!!!!! Is there any other type of funding available besides BTEA?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Carol2057

anyone hear from north tipp cc???:(

• Advertisement

blondy24 wrote: »
    well got my letter from cork coco today didn't get the grant because i undertook first year of an undergrad course six years ago, it doesn't matter that its nothing like the course im doing now or that i failed my exams its level 8 and thats it( i have never applied or received a grant before) . this country is a joke you work for years pay taxes try to go back to college and educate yourself and you only get penalised. so cross right now!!!!! Is there any other type of funding available besides BTEA?

Wtf really??!?! I finished first year of an ordinary degree when I was 18, 24 now, but I didn't get any grant at the time. That mean i'm screwed too?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Nihilist21

Rang Wexford County Council again today. 2 weeks ago they said it would be 2 weeks, and again today they told me it would be another 2 weeks. I'm losing patience at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Wtf really??!?! I finished first year of an ordinary degree when I was 18, 24 now, but I didn't get any grant at the time. That mean i'm screwed too?
    Ring them. I would've thought you'd be ok seen as you never got a grant the first time.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

Has anyone heard from Co. Limerick VEC. I rang the other day to be told they they haven't even begun to process them yet? What is going on? Its so annoying and fustration.

I had to ask my college for a letter for the SW for the BTEA and had to wait over 2 weeks for it. I only received it today from my tutor and guess what it was dated for the 14th of Sept! Bit of a cheek!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Trish2007

angeleyes, Im also waiting on limerick co vec. I was talking to them about 2 weeks ago and was told that they have the inital work done on my claim but it now has been passed onto someone else to look at. I sent mine in on 12th august and received a phone call on 13th august querying something so they definitely have been looking at some of them. I think they process 2,3,4 year applications before they look at first time applications.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭KiLLeR CoUCh

I rang Fingal coco at the start of the week to ask what the story was. They couldn't lay hand on my application, said it wasn't in the system (It was sent in mid to late august). It was sent by registered mail so I gave them the number on the receipt so they could track it, said they'd call back.

Rang them again today, this time they still can't find it and now I've managed to misplace the reg. post receipt number as well... I'm getting very worried. According to An Post it was delivered so if it's lost, it's their fault :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

Thanks Trish, I suppose I will have to try to be patient!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭bethm24

So depressed. grant office didnt accept my afidavit from solicitor to verify my address for the past 3 years. i have been living as a tenant in a house for 3 years and because i dont have a statement or a bill in my name for that house , im not going to be getting grant! i feel so depressed right now because this is just un believable and unfair. i couldnt even be bothered no sending in my fathers finance details. im totally broke, cant get loan, cant get grant. cant pay fees. will have to contact the college and drop out of the course.i am in total shock and have never felt this down before. What am i supposed to do now.....join the dole que for the year. what kind of a system is this :mad::( i always had financial documents (like alot of people ) being sent to my address at HOME, my dads house, and the ESB bills go to the landlord???? i cant believe this is happening to me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

bethm24 wrote: »
    So depressed. grant office didnt accept my afidavit from solicitor to verify my address for the past 3 years. i have been living as a tenant in a house for 3 years and because i dont have a statement or a bill in my name for that house , im not going to be getting grant! i feel so depressed right now because this is just un believable and unfair. i couldnt even be bothered no sending in my fathers finance details. im totally broke, cant get loan, cant get grant. cant pay fees. will have to contact the college and drop out of the course.i am in total shock and have never felt this down before. What am i supposed to do now.....join the dole que for the year. what kind of a system is this :mad::( i always had financial documents (like alot of people ) being sent to my address at HOME, my dads house, and the ESB bills go to the landlord???? i cant believe this is happening to me

I would suggest you taking this further! If you aren't happy (which you clearly are not) there is a process for following up. Check out studentfinance.ie. This shouldn't be the end of the road.

Limerick City are finally done, and I was successful. Can't really explain how much it means to me. It's life-changing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭amtaxi

Anyone hear anything from Kildare Co Co.?

Advertisement