Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perlico V Vodafone

Options
  • 13-08-2009 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

I'm having problems with my DSL service with Perlico, so I need to move provider.

I'm thinking of moving to Vodafone, I know that Perlico are owned by Vodafone, so I need to know if Vodafone use the same infrastructure and call centre as Perlico or are the a seperate entity (I know that both resell Eircom Bitstream, so they are the same in this regard,)

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 enigmadoom

tried to enquire bout this move myself......vodafone are run seperatly to perlico so if they have a good offer go to them but however perlico are giving most customers problems recently due to the fact they are upgrading the lines, when i called them they said soon they will be able to provide 7.5mb speed.....which we all no means amax of 5lol.....but still its a step in the right direction

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I believe they're run together. They have the same corporate HQ address.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

They are the same thing folks, Vodafone at home = Perlico.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

enigmadoom wrote: »
    however perlico are giving most customers problems recently due to the fact they are upgrading the lines

Perlico/Vodafone are not upgrading any lines, because they don't have any. Nor are they upgrading any exchanges, as they have no equipment in any of them. When Vodafone takes over BT Ireland's retail wing, they will have LLU customers.
    enigmadoom wrote: »
    when i called them they said soon they will be able to provide 7.5mb speed.

All the resellers should be able to provide up to 7.6Mbps right now, this was eircom's upgrade, and it has been in place for over a year now. If you can't get this, then your line isn't capable, and there is zero chance of that changing.

None of the resellers are doing anything to improve broadband or competition in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 roamer171

jor el wrote: »
    Perlico/Vodafone are not upgrading any lines, because they don't have any. Nor are they upgrading any exchanges, as they have no equipment in any of them. When Vodafone takes over BT Ireland's retail wing, they will have LLU customers.

All the resellers should be able to provide up to 7.6Mbps right now, this was eircom's upgrade, and it has been in place for over a year now. If you can't get this, then your line isn't capable, and there is zero chance of that changing.

None of the resellers are doing anything to improve broadband or competition in Ireland.
    Having seen the overhead copper wire outside my house I am glad for a peak 3mb connection

• Advertisement
Advertisement