Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Introduce Yourself - 09/10

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Bonzo-Reborn

Musicians get together and then they all make jam...raspberry, blackcurrant, strawberry, apricot, whichever takes your fancy...

Alternatively they can just take out their instruments and have a form of freestyle playing, jamming together, playing songs, or just solos and chords for a bit of fun :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

If there were edible jams involved, I would join.

Ah, jam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Name: F*uck You!

Course: Mind your own F*ucking business!

Interests: F*ucking your mother!

Sorry if I missed anything...:pac:

Ah Bless!

I wish I was 12 again and found this funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ash:)

:D
    Im Aisling, im 18,19 next month...from tipp.:)
    Headin into first year arts, irish and history with the intentions of teachin..shur we'l give it a shot!
    With regards to clubs and stuff i dunno yet...play camogie at home but i dunno will i do it in college, trampolinin club sounds good!:D:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 374 ✭✭Reilly616

Might aswell chip in.

Reilly, starting Law and German this year, with the long term goal of becoming a barrister. See all you Law folks on the 8th!

ash:) wrote: »
    :D
    Im Aisling, im 18,19 next month...from tipp.:)
    Headin into first year arts, irish and history with the intentions of teachin..shur we'l give it a shot!
    With regards to clubs and stuff i dunno yet...play camogie at home but i dunno will i do it in college, trampolinin club sounds good!:D:rolleyes:

what part of tipp are you from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Nice gang of Tipperary folk on this. :)

BOO YA!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

It's nice to see there is a few others doing comp science,I was beginning to think i was the only one :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Ricky91t wrote: »
    It's nice to see there is a few others doing comp science,I was beginning to think i was the only one :pac:

This years incoming Computer Science class is around 100 from what I hear

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

x43r0 wrote: »
    This years incoming Computer Science class is around 100 from what I hear

Ah cool,Is that high or low or average?Just out of interest :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Ah cool,Is that high or low or average?Just out of interest :pac:

Its high enough. My first year was roughly 85

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

anyone know how many would be in the biochemistry course?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

anyone know how many would be in the biochemistry course?

few hundred

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Stephen Esquire

There's only 23 doing my course, I feel so alone! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 57 ✭✭EugeneOnegin

Year/Course: Biomedical Sciences Year III (though it's really Year IV) CIT/UCC joint programme.
    Socities: Capriccio, Maybe FG, MSF, Choral

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 alalaaa

Name: Lauren (from Limerick) :)

Course: Law

Interests etc: Going to gigs, shopping LOADS, hockey.. don't know if i'll keep it up in UCC though.
    think i might join the capriccio society, i've been told it's really good! i'm thinking of joining ultimate frisbee, philosophs and fashion clubs and socs.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ash:)

what part of tipp are you from?

Dundrum...near cashel.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Nova_era

My name is Rory, I'm 20, and am going into second year arts. I'm keeping on European Studies and German, so what with ES being a pathway I'm hoping that I can just answer "European Studies" from now on, instead of suffering the abuse that meets the word "arts". :)

The only society I pretty much kept involved with last year was German, but unfortunatly all they seem to do is get drunk and eat sausages. Which is good, but the Spanish and French socs show movies and get a bit more cultural. Oh well, maybe I'm just boring. :(

I'm gonna try and get involved with a cycling club in the next month, there was one but it appears to be defunct now. And that's it I think. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭candlegrease

Nova_era wrote: »
    My name is Rory, I'm 20, and am going into second year arts. I'm keeping on European Studies and German, so what with ES being a pathway I'm hoping that I can just answer "European Studies" from now on, instead of suffering the abuse that meets the word "arts". :)

The only society I pretty much kept involved with last year was German, but unfortunatly all they seem to do is get drunk and eat sausages. Which is good, but the Spanish and French socs show movies and get a bit more cultural. Oh well, maybe I'm just boring. :(

I'm gonna try and get involved with a cycling club in the next month, there was one but it appears to be defunct now. And that's it I think. :)

Pity, im hoping to get involved with this. Any chance of more details? lots of speaking german?

Pity, im hoping to get involved with this. Any chance of more details? lots of speaking german?

Nope, there really is very little speaking German. In fact, a lot of people in the society, don't have a word of German. The only times that the society meets is for big events such as Weinachtsfest and of course October Fest. These were pretty nights as there was German music, free food, and at Christmas, free gluhwein! :)

I'm gonna try and get involved a bit in the organisation in second year, as it's a big shame there is'nt more "German" content. It would'nt be difficult to organise a few movie nights, or trying to encourage people to actual speak the language at events they organise. It'd be fun!

It's a shame that the society is'nt more active, as the German department is a really great one, and deserves a good society to compliment it.

Let me know if you've any other questions. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Haru

Nova_era wrote: »
    It would'nt be difficult to organise a few movie nights, or trying to encourage people to actual speak the language at events they organise. It'd be fun!

There's a lot to promote about the german culture, actually. And some great movies done by great filmmakers, like Fritz Lang's M der Morder, to quote only one.

You could also make german pretzels and sell them on the campus ! :D

Haru wrote: »
    There's a lot to promote about the german culture, actually. And some great movies done by great filmmakers, like Fritz Lang's M der Morder, to quote only one.

You could also make german pretzels and sell them on the campus ! :D

I'm never getting involved with pretzels again due to them featuring in a long day I once spent in a Munich beer hall. ;)

Advertisement