Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visitors parking in apartment complexes

Options
  • 13-08-2009 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking to rent an apartment soon and many of the places I've been looking at in apartment come with parking spots. What is the story with parking for visitors? I will be having friends over occasionally, are visitors allowed to park in the parking areas of apartment complexes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Depends on the complex really. Some will have a specific number of spaces marked V for visitors. Unfortunately a lot of people living in complexes park their second cars in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭bangersandmash

Hi,

I'm looking to rent an apartment soon and many of the places I've been looking at in apartment come with parking spots. What is the story with parking for visitors? I will be having friends over occasionally, are visitors allowed to park in the parking areas of apartment complexes?
    It really depends on the apartments in question.

It's important to find out the arrangement when viewing, although some agents will be vague or even deceptive ("oh there's plenty of parking around").

They key questions are: are there designated spaces? if so how many come with the apartment? are there visitor spaces and how many are there?

If most the parking is designated your guests won't be able to simply park in an empty space, unless you enjoy arguing with your neighbours!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

your best bet is to check it our late evening or early morning see how many spaces are around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭cats-pyjamas

thanks folks!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

two of my friends live in complexs with no vistor parking - check it out before you move in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

My place has loads of V parking spots around but my brothers had none and they are really quick to clamp people so best bet is to go look and ask around.

Advertisement