Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie Surfers Wanna Chat?/I surf on Achill

Options
  • 13-08-2009 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hey all,

I'm just starting off and was wondering if there are any similar people who'd like to exchange experiences and rookie mistakes? I surf on Achill Island, usually alone since none of my mates surf- as is the experience of most people on this forum it seems!

Later,
    Paul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭rothai

hey Paul, im kinda in the same boat as yourself, started about 6 mths ago, over the summer haven't got to the sea as much as i would have liked but mostly the surf has been ****e anywy i think. Cant wait till winter for the conditions to pick up.
    I'm not sure about surfing on my own though, is not meant to be that safe, so unless i can drag somebody out with me i dont go. Girlfriend is after getting a suit there and hope fully we'll pick up a cheap board some where for her,any old battered boarder would do as she's not really into it but wants to come out keep me company.Its mostly sligo/donegal i head for.talk to ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭mechwarrior

isn't it far from dublin ?

anyways, if you're heading there and need number for accommodation, i'm in!

(hope you guys don't hate bodyboarders)

im from cavan, so its not so far for me, we do sometimes head up and down sameday midweek from dublin,so next time we do i'll give a shout ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭markY6222

Hi waz up!:D
    Ur lucky day how old r ya i,ll be 14 soon been surfing for nearly 2years on my own board...I surf in keel since my dad lives in dougort im down er most weekends so id be up for a surf as im always alone in the winter and yes its not safe so if your up to it i,ll be their i can teach you if ya want to...
    Im getting kite surfing lessons Wednesday down in keel beach will be fun only 25quid...:eek::eek:

reports don't seem promising for the weekend - you guys going ? i think i've to work until 12 or 1 so from galway i'd say it won't be 3pm until i get there - wondering if it will be worth the trip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Newbie77

Hey Man, I can't head this weekend, but possibly the weekend after. I'll keep you informed :D

no problem - i might head up anyways just to see how the drive is and the spot - might get someone to join me in the trip

(soz for double posting)

do you guys know if there is any thing to rent in Achill ? a friend of mine wants to join in the trip but he'll need to rent suit/board when he gets there

(knowing some prices before hand would be great too)

hey, wont be around this weekend either.
    I think you might be able to rentfrom the hostel up there on the q t, not sure though, if your staying there ask and see,

Hey you'll get a board and suit from Tomas on keel beach: 0879681780
    €5 for the suit and €10 for the board I think. Hope that helps.

• Advertisement

pretty good - hope the weather picks up a bit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭dave_brent

Hi i surfed Achill last week, pretty good wave...was wondering how big it gets... Bundoran is good this weekend... Ballyheirnan (Fanad, Co. Donegal) was big this evening too, never crowded..

Anyone heading to achill this weekend? I'm thinking of going up on my todd.
    Later.

Advertisement