Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying CDJ's From America

• 13-08-2009 5:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭

One of my citronic cdj's has fecked up completely out of warranty and its unfixable and id say it wont be long before the other deck fecks up aswell so i was thinking of getting a set of pioneer cdj 200s but ive seen that its alot cheaper to buy a set from america than it is to buy from the uk. I was just wondering has anyone bought any equipment from the US ? I feel its abit dodgy cause of the low price:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

watch out for sales tax.

tbh you are better getting them ehre just in case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

I bought serato from the states last year and didnt have to pay any taxes whats the chances i will have to pay it this time around for cdjs ?
    I recently bought traktor scratch from the states aswell and had to pay no taxes aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭R.Shackleford

your gone have to make sure the voltage is the same as over here or your gona have to get a converter which are a pain in the hole to carry around and a good one can be expensive..in my opinion your better of checkin gumtree.ie,buyandsell.ie etc for people selling their cdjs...you can get them for a 3rd of the price!! pioneer are solid and last years so buying them 2nd hand is fine once u have a quick look at them. i bought a set of mk3 1000 for a great price from someone on gumtree and have had no problems. if you want them new buy them from thomenn.de or musicstore.de.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭disssco

I had to pay 50 e tax on an electrical item that cost 150 dollars not including shipping. They are thieving ***** and will tax you if they can. If you can get the company to send it as a gift you might get away with it but understandably for many reasons most companies are unwilling to do this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭R.Shackleford

just saw this http://www.gumtree.ie/dublin/30/43515230.html 200's are fairly old at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭gsparx

You could end up paying the difference in shipping and customs but on the other hand, even with this, you may save a bit. It really depends on how big the price difference is.
    You will also need a voltage converter which is not that big a deal for something like a CD player. It's when you get into the big wattage that the converters become cumbersome and expensive.

I didnt bother with importing anything from america i found a nice deal on gumtree belfast got myself a set of pioneer cdj 400s and a djm 400 along with a carrying case for them all for a grand:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭Fintomiginto

keithkk16 wrote: »
    I didnt bother with importing anything from america i found a nice deal on gumtree belfast got myself a set of pioneer cdj 400s and a djm 400 along with a carrying case for them all for a grand:D

Nice deal there.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 G1987

I see this topic is a bit old but you will need a transformer to handle the 220v to 110v required for the equipment.
    Also warranty only valid in country of purchase.
    Sales taxes etc...

May be dearer in the long run!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

some of the Pioneer techics stuff are dual voltage just need to flick a switch like on a PC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I recently bought traktor scratch from the states aswell and had to pay no taxes aswell.
    I bought a set of CD Mixers ages ago from the States. Didn't get hit for the sales tax but when I opened the box I noticed that they had sent me a B model, i.e. pre-used (cheeky feckers!!!)

Emailed them and told them I wanted a new set. They organised for them to be picked up and sent me out a brand spanking new set. :pac: :cool:

Got stung for the sales tax this time! :(:rolleyes:

It's really hit and miss tbh, and most times the price difference isn't good enough to warrant it.

your gone have to make sure the voltage is the same as over here or your gona have to get a converter which are a pain in the hole to carry around and a good one can be expensive..
    eoinf wrote: »
    some of the Pioneer techics stuff are dual voltage just need to flick a switch like on a PC
    Indeed Eoin. Most electrical goods have Voltage selectors on them these days so it's not a big issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭franklyshocked

One of my citronic cdj's has fecked up completely out of warranty and its unfixable and id say it wont be long before the other deck fecks up aswell so i was thinking of getting a set of pioneer cdj 200s but ive seen that its alot cheaper to buy a set from america than it is to buy from the uk. I was just wondering has anyone bought any equipment from the US ? I feel its abit dodgy cause of the low price:confused:

Its down to the fact that they use 60hz over there and we use 50hz in europe. You can buy whats called a step down transformer and you always buy a bigger one than you need so it doesn't burn out.
    That said I used to work for Peats in Parnell street years ago and any of the techy guys would always agree, it will eventually still burn out.
    Don't buy an american piece of equipment UNLESS it has its own built in 50/60hz selector switch.
    Some newer computer components do have this so you might be lucky.
    I would also worry about warranty....unless you have frequent flyer miles to burn.

Thanks for all the comments lads but as i said in a few posts up the page i never bothered with getting anything from america. I got a nice deal on gumtree belfast and got myself a set of pioneer cdj 400s and a djm 400 with a carrycase. All for a grand:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23 G1987

Yes some of the older models do but not the newer ones.

They've shaved this off to save price and pass this on to the customer.

Advertisement