Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching to O2 from Vodafone

• 13-08-2009 6:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 830 ✭✭✭

Hi just wondering if anybody could help me.

I'm porting to O2 from vodafone but I'm a little worried. I was an O2 customer for years but ported to vodafone from O2 about 5 years ago because the coverage in Lucan (near the Foxhunter pub) was awful. I'm now thinking of going back to O2 for the iphone.

My question is, has O2's coverage improved over the last 5 years?
    Does anybody on here have an iphone 3gs in Lucan and how is the signal on it?

Thanks, Jay

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

They have done improvements over time yes, how much to lucan im not sure. You can have a look at the coverage map but its hard to get a close up.

GSM%20Dec%202007_3.jpg

http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Business/Coverage/In+Ireland/Coverage+map/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

j14 wrote: »
    I'm now thinking of going back to O2 for the iphone.

that is the worst reason to switch to another network. if you want an iphone just buy one but don't switch to a network you don't actually want just because you can buy a phone through them. if you want an iphone just buy one, loads of them unlocked on adverts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 830 ✭✭✭j14

Dankoozy wrote: »
    that is the worst reason to switch to another network. if you want an iphone just buy one but don't switch to a network you don't actually want just because you can buy a phone through them. if you want an iphone just buy one, loads of them unlocked on adverts

I know you can get iphones on Adverts but not the 3GS (yet). I'm sick of vodafone not releasing any of the newer phones and seeing all the latest phones on all the other networks. I don't have the money to buy an unlocked i phone but my company will pay for my bill every mont so therefore the phone is free to me.

So thats why I'm thinking of moving networks.

Advertisement