Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Neighbours [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭starlit

They changed their minds I thought? Georgia looked fab in her dress!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Gee_G

doovdela wrote: »

Yes they did, sorry, thought the way the episode with all the flashbacks was going they were going to go but false alarm!!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Loved her dress. She looked really beautiful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,871 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I like Brennan and Paige as a couple much more than him and Kate

Did Josh's punch really do that damage to Chris or did someone else attack Chris too?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I like Brennan and Paige as a couple much more than him and Kate

Did Josh's punch really do that damage to Chris or did someone else attack Chris too?

Chris banged his head on either a stone or the concrete ground when he fell. That was what caused the damage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

We never saw the punch and I reckon a future episode will show some CCTV footage to show it wasn't Josh after all. I bet it was the other guy who was hanging around that night (an unknown character) and that Josh felt he must have done it because he had a reaction to the alcohol.

Delta Goodrem is returning to Ramsay Street as part of the soap's 30th anniversary celebrations.

The singer-songwriter will reprise her role as Nina Tucker for three episodes which will air next year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

Anyone know if/when Neighbours is coming back to RTE?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Ghekko wrote: »
    Anyone know if/when Neighbours is coming back to RTE?

January 5th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Well if it isn't the quietest thread in the Soap Opera forum... :(

Dunno if anyone else watches at the Aussie Pace, but the Erinsborough Festival/30th Anniversary Episodes kicked off tonight and the very end of the episode was the moment I've been waiting for for months now...
    Madge is back!!! Word on the street is that they may be killing off Harold though, which will be heartbreaking if it's true

• Advertisement

Bryson making a joke about westlife being his favourite irish monsters today made me snort some tea out my nose today!

Well if it isn't the quietest thread in the Soap Opera forum... :(

Dunno if anyone else watches at the Aussie Pace, but the Erinsborough Festival/30th Anniversary Episodes kicked off tonight and the very end of the episode was the moment I've been waiting for for months now...
    Madge is back!!! Word on the street is that they may be killing off Harold though, which will be heartbreaking if it's true

Ridiculous, are they watching too much Eastenders?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Brennan (Mark, not Tyler) is really starting to get on my nerves lately... He must be the biggest Do-Gooder in Soap Land! Stop trying to take down DiMato, Brennan, he's far too interesting a character to get rid of so quickly...

Matt dies

:eek:

Source?

:eek:

Source?

Taken from another forum

According to new Southern Cross Media spoilers, Matt Turner will be killed off in a hit and run incident. There is an article about Matt saving Brad in a hit and run incident

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭Delta2113

I wonder did RTE bother to try and get the documentary Neighbours 30th: The Stars Reunite. It was an excellent programme.

The Dvd due out next month will have extra footage. I wish RTE would make more of an effort with Neighbours but I cant see that happening any time soon.

Delta2113 wrote: »
    I wonder did RTE bother to try and get the documentary Neighbours 30th: The Stars Reunite. It was an excellent programme.

The Dvd due out next month will have extra footage. I wish RTE would make more of an effort with Neighbours but I cant see that happening any time soon.

Yeah, I enjoyed the documentary alright. Was nice to see some clips from the early days, including hearing Scott and Charlene's Wedding Song again...

Neighbours was never as big for RTÉ as Home And Away was. As far as I remember RTÉ didn't even air Neighbours until the mid-late nineties and it was only ever available on BBC until that point for Irish viewers. I may be mistaken on this though. Whereas with Home and Away RTÉ had it from very early on and it was and still is huge for RTÉ TWO's ratings.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Yeah, I enjoyed the documentary alright. Was nice to see some clips from the early days, including hearing Scott and Charlene's Wedding Song again...

Neighbours was never as big for RTÉ as Home And Away was. As far as I remember RTÉ didn't even air Neighbours until the mid-late nineties and it was only ever available on BBC until that point for Irish viewers. I may be mistaken on this though. Whereas with Home and Away RTÉ had it from very early on and it was and still is huge for RTÉ TWO's ratings.

Home and Away was always on at dinner time which I think was a better spot for TV. Especially back in the dark ages when there was only 2 channels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭gidget

I'm quite surprised with the Madge/Harold storyline & how little she is aware of everything. She didn't even know what Charlene was supposed to be doing with herself & who Daniel was, only for Harold to be filling her in on what everyones doing. I'd of thought a mother/grandmother who's passed would have been quite up to date on what everyone's lives.

gidget wrote: »
    I'm quite surprised with the Madge/Harold storyline & how little she is aware of everything. She didn't even know what Charlene was supposed to be doing with herself & who Daniel was, only for Harold to be filling her in on what everyones doing. I'd of thought a mother/grandmother who's passed would have been quite up to date on what everyone's lives.

Stupid, boring storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭PawneeRanger

The Daniel and Amber storyline is infuriating.
    Two of the most irritating, ridiculous characters having a central plotline for the 30th anniversary is baffling to me.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Two of the most irritating, ridiculous characters having a central plotline for the 30th anniversary is baffling to me.

I quite liked Daniel and Amber when it first looked like they were going to get together last year but once they did it all got ridiculous. I wish he'd cut his hair and get some clean clothes too.

It would be ok if Scott and Charlene were back for the wedding

- I apologise to RTE -it's on Good Friday 7.45pm RTE2. Well worth a look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I've not watched it in a while but once I knew about the wedding coming up I thought I'd catch up. Be interesting what be the outcome for Amber, Daniel and Amber.

Watched the documentary again - Alan Fletcher (Dr Karl) genuinely getting upset when recalling the Madge death scene and Harold crying tells you everything about the group of actors that have worked on the show.

Margot Robbie etc. remember's what this show did for them and is not afraid to admit it.

I've not watched it in a while but once I knew about the wedding coming up I thought I'd catch up. Be interesting what be the outcome for Amber, Daniel and Amber.

I would say it is inevitable that Daniel and Imogen will get together at some point

- I apologise to RTE -it's on Good Friday 7.45pm RTE2. Well worth a look.

Was on today again on RTE 1, very good though I wish more characters returned for the 30th anniversary

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Caprica

I was looking forward to the 30th anniversary celebrations but I feel it didn't live up to the hype. I felt it was a bit dragged out with famous faces popping up now and again over the last few weeks, there didn't seem to be a central point where all the past characters were present at the same time.

I did enjoy the Madge and Harold storyline, I was kinda afraid they were going to kill Harold off but thankfully they didn't and he did have a nice exit. Having Amber and Daniels wedding as the central plot it was not the best idea, if I wanted silly teenage romances front and centre I can always go to Summer Bay for that.

I was surprised that Matt has left, I wonder was it his choice or was he cut, I feel his character has improved in recent months. I didn't realise that Amber and Kyle were a couple in real life and that both plan on leaving at the end of the year to move Stateside. With Bailey about to go it will just be Lauren and Lou in a few months time, the family didn't last long in the show.
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s14/neighbours/news/a640746/neighbours-star-jenna-rosenow-plans-exit-i-think-ill-move-on.html

I enjoyed the 30th anniversary special. It was good to see Kylie, Jason, Guy Pearce and Margot Robbie back and speaking so highly of the show. I see Kate Ramsey is now starring in the Bold & the Beautiful in the US. Overall though it wasn't as good as the 5,000th episode years back, where there was a huge amount of former stars involved.

On a separate note, was Brennan always this annoying?

• Advertisement

Amber
    is preggers and don't know if Josh or Daniel is the daddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Amber

Damn, I thought this saga was finally over.

Amber

What? How? When was the last time she was with Josh?!

Amber

I was so annoyed when they did that. She's one of the weakest actors on the show.

Also the
    Paul/Dr Nick cancer storyline is ludicrous. Why on earth wouldn't Paul go to the top treatment centres in the world given all his money??

Wellyd wrote: »
    What? How? When was the last time she was with Josh?!

Might not have been shown on screen must have been when she thought Daniel jilted her and ran off with Imogen

Why don't Paul get a second or third medical opinion, he has plenty of cash

CAhpCctUQAAH6RV.jpg

Surely Karl will look up Pauls file and see that it's all a scam. This story is nuts. Hope doc gets caught out ASAP. Don't think I could stand it being dragged out for weeks.

Why does Lauren breathe so heavily!?

She's always sounds like she's been running...

Omg wtf they killed Matt off? Omg gutted

• Advertisement

Might be saying goodbye to a few more...
    The actors playing Amber and Kyle (who are together in real life) are apparently planning to leave this year to go to LA.

GINA.jpg?mh=900&mw=900

Gina Liano the flamboyant barrister, author and socialite recently commenced filming playing Mary Smith, the adopted mother of Olympia Valance’s character Paige.

75991.jpg

WK19-NEIGH-PAUL-ROBINSON03.jpg

Please someone tell me that Dr Nick gets caught out soon.

Ghekko wrote: »
    Please someone tell me that Dr Nick gets caught out soon.

- Yes very soon -keep watching!

neighbours_wk21_ep7119-11.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

75991.jpg

Whats that actress name?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

From looking at that, in real life her onscreen brother is her boyfriend.

Advertisement