Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbours [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Aussie Pace Spoiler...
    The School Fire stuff is great. One of the best disaster episodes I've ever seen on Neighbours, because it places over half the cast in danger. I wonder if anyone will be killed off - they've been doing a good job recently at keeping cast departures under wraps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Is it just me or do they use a lot of weird camera angles in this show? Odd close ups and stuff. The Brad/Lauren conversation in today's (Ireland pace) episode case in point.
    I'm looking forward to the fire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭unichick

Is it just me or does it seems awfully quick for Lauren to be moving on from Matt? The man is only dead about 6 months! I am surprised how quickly her & Brad got together and all the kids are alright about it. I know it's not real!

Loved the scene of Steph & Josh in it together - do I know you from somewhere! It's hard to believe they are mother and son! Steph looks great. Josh's casting smacks of nepotism but he's a bit of eye candy I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

unichick wrote: »
    Is it just me or does it seems awfully quick for Lauren to be moving on from Matt? The man is only dead about 6 months! I am surprised how quickly her & Brad got together and all the kids are alright about it. I know it's not real!

Loved the scene of Steph & Josh in it together - do I know you from somewhere! It's hard to believe they are mother and son! Steph looks great. Josh's casting smacks of nepotism but he's a bit of eye candy I suppose.

Amber seemed upset but she went along with pushy annoying Paige and Lauren and yes it too soon after Matt but Lauren was after Brad even when Matt was alive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Have to say that was a superb episode, realism aside!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Oh, I never knew Steph was Josh's mum !

Karen23 wrote: »
    Oh, I never knew Steph was Josh's mum !

Don't confuse fiction with reality! She must have had him when she was 17 or so. He isn't exactly a great actor to put it kindly so lucky for him nepotism is still alive 😄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Don't confuse fiction with reality! She must have had him when she was 17 or so. He isn't exactly a great actor to put it kindly so lucky for him nepotism is still alive 😄

Sorry :pac:

Oh I never knew Carla was Harley's Mum :P

Karen23 wrote: »
    Sorry :pac:

Oh I never knew Carla was Harley's Mum :P

ha, i meant people might be confused when you say "steph" is "joshs" mom!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Since when has there been a lift in the school?

• Advertisement

ridiculous that there was no deaths although seems Amber might be killed off

paulie21 wrote: »
    Since when has there been a lift in the school?

Since the plot required there to be one ;)

Lauren paranoia now over Brad and Terese :p ha ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

Tell ya what, if I ever get sick I want to be flown to Erinsborough hospital - always get your own room and lots of attention, up and about an hour after a c-section looking like you just grazed your knee. They must be amazing medics! Took me nearly 24 hours to painfully get hauled out of bed after my 4 sections.

Anyone see the date on Therese's phone in today's episode. Thursday 24th December ha have we skipped ahead of Oz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭Delta2113

paulie21 wrote: »
    Anyone see the date on Therese's phone in today's episode. Thursday 24th December ha have we skipped ahead of Oz

- That episode 7266 was broadcast in Australia on 30 November 2015.

RTE finish this Monday with episode 7269 presumably keeping the 2015 finale until January 4 2016.

Channel 5 Uk show episode 7270 tomorrow 18 December 2015. RTE must stay behind Channel 5.

RTE will only be a few days max. behind Australia from 2016 - this is great news. It was great watching the xmas episodes now instead of in February or whenever they used to get shown.

landscape-1448874342-lillyarticle.jpg

Newcomer Lilly Van der Meer will play Sheila Canning's granddaughter Xanthe on Neighbours.

2136855988.jpg

Bold and The Beautiful‘s Katherine Kelly Lang has filmed a special guest role on Neighbours.

Lang, who plays Brooke Logan Forrester on the US soap will appear as herself, passing through Erinsborough, joined on screen by Colette Mann in March 2016.

2F2067A600000578-0-image-a-27_1449454409837.jpg

Lilly Van der Meer will play Xanthe Canning on the show in 2016.

• Advertisement

Are we airing the same day as Austraila now?

Pity Paige wasn't killed off so bloody annoying

The actress who play's Julie Quill is Paul's wife in real life

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭AwaitYourReply

Delta2113 wrote: »
    - That episode 7266 was broadcast in Australia on 30 November 2015.

RTE finish this Monday with episode 7269 presumably keeping the 2015 finale until January 4 2016.

Channel 5 Uk show episode 7270 tomorrow 18 December 2015. RTE must stay behind Channel 5.

Interesting that we are so close to viewing as per our friends in Australia!
    I recall when I first started watching Neighbours as a 17yr old school lad way back in 1988 when Scott (Jason Donovan) & Charlene (Kylie Minogue) & Mike (Guy Pearce) along with many others too.

In the late '80s I was watching Neighbours via BBC One TV at 1:30pm or repeated at 5:35pm as it was not shown by RTÉ TV in those days. And in those years the gap between Australia and the BBC in UK was around 1½ years (18 months or so).

In later years, RTÉ decided to acquire Irish rights for Neighbours and Channel 5 later bought the UK rights as BBC had lost the rights to broadcast the Aussie soap and it was quite a headache for them at the time. As far as I know, Neighbours was always much bigger in the UK than in Australia so; the soap was always anxious to pay attention as to how it was doing in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Caprica

I had a good laugh at the Karl & Susan doctors & nurses scene, poor Aaron. Neighbours has been going through a pretty good patch lately. It's disappointing that Lauren is the only one of the Turners left, none of the actors seemed to keen on hanging around, I not a fan of her and Brad. Looking forward to the return of Lyn Scully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

Paige needs a kick up the backside. she is unbelievably stupid. I would love to see Paul and Therese get together. She seemed a bit jealous today when he was cooking for Lyn.

Terese should get with Brennan as in Mark, a hot young hunk for herself

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I see the dude who played Spencer on Home and Away is joining Neighbours. Career going well for him.

Wow Steph and Mark Brennan, who saw that coming not me

• Advertisement

AndrewMorleyArticle_2.jpg

Advertisement